Stephen King's Rose Red

Stephen King' S Rose Red - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 7th Jul, 2003 - 12:26am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 5th Jul, 2003 - 3:25pm / Post ID: #

Stephen King's Rose Red
A Friend

Stephen King's Rose Red

Yesterday I finally got to see the movie, 'Rose Red' by Stephen King.  I love to see movies and read up on paranormal activity and haunted houses.  So it really peaked my interest to check into this. I had already seen the movie, 'The Diary of Ellen Rimbauer: My Life at Rose Red'.  Both of these movies were pretty creepy.  Some parts were even scary.   ohmy.gif  But the endings of both of these movies left me with one main question and several other questions.  ???

Does this house actually exist?
Could a house just make people disappear?
Was there ever anything paranormal about this house?

After much searching on the net, I have not really found a historical house called 'Rose Red'.  I found pictures of the Rose Red house and pictures of the mansion that the movie was filmed in, but no actual fact of where this house existed.  

A team of paranormal psycologists headed by Dr. Joyce Reardon, from the Beaumont University, even went to investigate this house called 'Rose Red'.  So, I thought that there must be a house called 'Rose Red'.  But nothing was ever written to follow up after the investigation.

I also found on Stephen King's website that he got the idea for his movie from an actual house called Winchester Mansion, (or now named Winchester Mystery House in San Jose, CA).  

So, my question still stands, where was this house called 'Rose Red' and why can't I find anything on it?  Was it all an elaborate hoax to create more interest in the movie?  Or was it real and not much was documented on it?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th Jul, 2003 - 3:17pm / Post ID: #

Stephen King's Rose Red
A Friend

Red Rose Kings Stephen

you know i would like to know more about the rose red house also i would like to know just how real is the house rose red and did these people really dissapear,it makes you go humm you know we used to have a haunted house in the next county over called Lacingvare but a tornado took it out last year. and it was a real haunted house no hoaxes about it but the house rose red is something very interesting that i would like to know about just cause it is almost impossable to believe that a house can make people just dissapear??

6th Jul, 2003 - 3:39pm / Post ID: #

Stephen King's Rose Red Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Oh no, the book (journal)  of Ellen Rimbauer is totally fictional, you can read it all through the internet. Since the journal is not real, I supposed the 'red house' is not real either.

[quote]A team of paranormal psycologists headed by Dr. Joyce Reardon, from the Beaumont University, even went to investigate this house called 'Rose Red'.  So, I thought that there must be a house called 'Rose Red'.  But nothing was ever written to follow up after the investigation. [/quote]

Dr. Joyce Reardon is part of the fictional story because based on her "discovery" of the journal then she enters what the story says is 'the rose red house' to investigate. But she's not a real person nor the house.

"The novel "The Diary of Ellen Rimbauer," published when "Rose Red" aired, became a surprise bestseller, further whetting ABC's appetite. The book - written as a memoir, with one of the "Rose Red" characters credited as editor - was originally intended as a promotional tool, not a stand-alone product, Carliner said.
It was a huge surprise to all of us that the book took on a whole life of its own," Carliner said.

"In a masterful marketing ploy promoting his upcoming miniseries "Rose Red" on ABC, Stephen King obviously wrote this book under the pseudonym of Joyce Reardon".

"Well-written stories well woven into a fascinating book.
A little informal research on the Beaumont University website referred to in Reardon's introduction revealed a home page with no address and most links "under construction." The Special Programs link listed four courses in the paranormal realm - three of which are taught by the illusive Dr. Reardon. The Contact button requested, "Please submit email address and we will keep you informed of paranormal activity in your area."

Post Date: 6th Jul, 2003 - 5:34pm / Post ID: #

Stephen King's Rose Red
A Friend

Red Rose Kings Stephen

Yes, LDS after much further thorough searching, I found several links to discredit some if not all of the Rose Red Mystery and the 'supposed' journal of Ellen Rimbauer.

I got this quote off of Darkhorizons.com:  

'Given all of this info, we"re to believe that the series" characters are indeed based on real people, but they"re not, and it's all been so elaborately weaved that one can't help but get taken into the mythos.'

Also, after much more searching, I found a little tid-bit on historylink.org under the Seattle/King County section:

'Please note that the Rimbauer family, Joyce Reardon, and the Rose Red mansion are completely fictional and have no basis in actual Seattle history.'

In a way, it is great that Stephen King can write so well, that he even covers all bases, by creating other things to make his stories more believable.  I think that's what makes him a creative writer.  :T  

The only 'real' believable thing about the story Rose Red is that Stephen King based it on an actual house in San, Jose, Ca.  The Winchester Mansion is a real house.  The pictures show that this house is indeed quite huge.  There is also much talk of this house being haunted as well.  But I would have to further search into this house and its history to believe that it is haunted.  ;)

6th Jul, 2003 - 11:10pm / Post ID: #

Red Rose Kings Stephen

[quote]The only 'real' believable thing about the story Rose Red is that Stephen King based it on an actual house in San, Jose, Ca.  The Winchester Mansion is a real house.  The pictures show that this house is indeed quite huge.  There is also much talk of this house being haunted as well.  But I would have to further search into this house and its history to believe that it is haunted[/quote]

They filmed several horror movies in that mansion so it's obvious people will invent all kind of stuff about it wink.gif

Post Date: 6th Jul, 2003 - 11:40pm / Post ID: #

Stephen King's Rose Red
A Friend

Stephen King's Rose Red

[quote]They filmed several horror movies in that mansion so it's obvious people will invent all kind of stuff about it[/quote]

Yes, this is true.  But the history of the house is what is so cool about it.  They were going to film Rose Red in the Winchester Mansion, but Stephen King said that the rooms were too small for some of the shots that he wanted to do.  So they filmed Rose Red at Thornewood Castle in Seattle, Wa.

[offtopic]Shady was checking into some of the places around here in Mississippi.  There were alot of places that were supposed to be haunted.  One place is about 5 miles from my home.  :o[/offtopic]

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
6th Jul, 2003 - 11:55pm / Post ID: #

Stephen King's Rose Red

[quote]Shady was checking into some of the places around here in Mississippi.  There were alot of places that were supposed to be haunted.  One place is about 5 miles from my home.  [/quote]

Oh only 5 miles? just go for me please, stay there overnight and report it in here whether is a haunted house or not, what do you think? lol

Post Date: 7th Jul, 2003 - 12:26am / Post ID: #

Stephen King's Rose Red
A Friend

Stephen King's Rose Red Movies Music Fashion & Sports

[quote]just go for me please, stay there overnight and report it in here whether is a haunted house or not, what do you think?[/quote]

Um, I think that I'll pass on this place.  ;)  I've been to it a couple of times with some friends, it looks creepy, but I didn't catch anything out of the ordinary.  But, maybe I just wasn't there at the right time either.  But, I'm not going to temper fate either.  lol  Alot of the land around my house used to be Indian land.  There are many Indian sites to see, and Civil war sites to see too.  There are many tales of some of the places around here.  It just really makes me go ohmy.gif

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Stephen King's Rose Red

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,