Stephen King's Rose Red - Page 2 of 2

Although no masterpiece, I enjoyed Rose Red - Page 2 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 23rd Jan, 2010 - 11:18am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 3rd Feb, 2009 - 4:40pm / Post ID: #

Stephen King's Rose Red - Page 2

Name: Laura

Comments: after seeing both rose red and the diary of Ellen Rimbauer, I have done alot of searching on the net about whether or not this has any truth to it. I have found both. I was enjoying reading the diary of Ellen Rimbauer when I found that it was written by Riley Pearson I was upset and was going to stop reading it, but it was edited by Joyce Reardon. why would Mr Pearson allow Joyce Reardon to edit one of his books unless maybe because it was a stipulation for writing from the diary. Some sites say there is a rose red,and some say that there is no such house. And why is there nothing(that I have been able to find)that mentions Joyce Reardon's trip through the house, if there is such a site out there please let me know about it.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 3rd Feb, 2009 - 5:19pm / Post ID: #

Stephen King's Rose Red
A Friend

Red Rose Kings Stephen

I do not believe that there was or is a Rose Red house. Stephen king is very good and making it seem that there is a such a place. This is what makes his writing so realistic. It is this style of writing that keeps people coming back to get his latest published book.

Post Date: 24th Aug, 2009 - 12:36am / Post ID: #

Stephen King's Rose Red Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Name: Me

Comments: Rose Red is real I live in Seattle Wa and they actually tore it down. The people that went missing are real too. People have went looking for them to no avail.

Post Date: 7th Oct, 2009 - 11:01pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Red Rose Kings Stephen

Name: Sarah

Comments: Stephen King did not write the book rose red under the pseudonym Joyce Reardon, Ph.D., but a man by the name of Ridley Pearson did.

Source 1: Wikipedia.org

Post Date: 23rd Jan, 2010 - 3:42am / Post ID: #

Red Rose Kings Stephen

Name: BestGuess

Comments: I think Rose Red is a combination of more than one house. Ie.

The Winchester House.

The Biltmore House.

And The House on the Rock

23rd Jan, 2010 - 8:58am / Post ID: #

Stephen King's Rose Red

This sort of thing always makes my blood electric. In that I wish I could spend time in such a house. I do not fear the undead or departed and the idea of having an interaction with the other side like this is a thrill to me.

This being said I think the Rose Red house could have been real. I have had experiences in real life that support the haunted house.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd Jan, 2010 - 11:18am / Post ID: #

Stephen King's Rose Red - Page 2

Although no masterpiece, I enjoyed Rose Red to some extent because it seemed like a throwback to the old days when a real novel approach to a haunted/possessed house story could make it stand out from the rest of the drivel, horror related or not. Unfortunately, I feel like tastes and expectations have advanced past the point of Rose Red being able to attain this category of literary accolade - it tries, it gets close, it gets to where a lesser derivative work might have gotten to, in the 70s or even 80s, but now, I really would have to see a brand new haunted house work with a really, actual unique approach, to not label it "more of the same", and Rose Red, while it makes a very good attempt, suffers from "cultural magnetism", where ideas and thoughts and trends of the day are used, focused on and come into play, because they appeal to and are from and part of the people's culture, overall, in society, at the time.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Stephen King's Rose Red

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,