Dungeons & Dragons Play By Post: How It Works - Page 8 of 12

I think the idea of just posting when you - Page 8 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 19th Aug, 2011 - 9:26pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

22nd September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 12 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 

?
Poll: After considering time, resources and overall role-play, Dungeons & Dragons is best played:
  Around a table where you face each other as it is meant to be       48.65%
  Via some kind of live web cam or interface       2.70%
  Via some chat interface       5.41%
  On a Forum or Bulletin Board like this one       43.24%
  On the computer in a solo game environment       0.00%
  Via snail mail       0.00%
  Other (Explain in your Post)       0.00%
Total Votes: 37
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
How to play Dungeons & Dragons This Thread serves as a GENERAL explanation of how Play By Post works. Each Dungeon Master may have different rules to their specific game.
16th Jul, 2011 - 3:24pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons Play By Post: How It Works - Page 8

I do check the Intro board for updates and sometimes they do that but most times it isn't the case. I can live with it if like a GM says, OK I will only be updating the game once a week then I know what to expect.

Sponsored Links:
17th Jul, 2011 - 1:54am / Post ID: #

Works It Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Quote from me a few posts ago:

international QUOTE
All in all I think steady players are needed for a GM to be able to be steady. Having players drop in and drop out, not posting for days, posting or not posting wrong rolls

That was supposed to say posting wrong rolls, not posting wrong rolls.

I still think this is the heart of the issue with slowness. GM's have a difficult time juggling new players. It's fun to draw up a new character and jump in a game. I find many players have only that interest in mind. Once they get to a certain point they leave suddenly.

It leaves certain GM's (myself included) to feel weary. You think up a great backdrop and reason for the player to be there. Plan a chain of events for him and how to work him, or her, into the game. Then "poof", all of a sudden they are gone with not so much as a goodbye, had fun.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 17th Jul, 2011 - 2:55am

17th Jul, 2011 - 1:24pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons Play By Post: How It Works Reviews RPG & Card Board

It will be nice if Players themselves can give encouragement to GMs by stating what they like, and what they will like to see. Most times I see Players just responding to a game but you really do not know if they like it or not. They do not check other places in the site either.

18th Jul, 2011 - 5:24pm / Post ID: #

Page 8 Works It Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

There used to be a lot of various role-playing games happening in this board now it has been overtaken by D&D, how come? Maybe everyone likes how D&D works in a setting like this as opposed to other forms of role-playing?

18th Jul, 2011 - 8:16pm / Post ID: #

Works It Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

I think everyone just knows D&D more than anything else and the ones that run the other gaming types aren't doing it anymore so its like all D&D now.

Post Date: 1st Aug, 2011 - 12:00am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons Play By Post: How It Works

Name: Shamus

Comments: I've been monitoring the games here for a bit mostly reading and seeing how you run things. One thing I've noticed is that sometimes you have a lot of activity and then not much sometimes for a couple of days. Do you meet up at a certain time to play by post?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
1st Aug, 2011 - 12:34am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons Play Post It Works - Page 8

No, we don't have a set time that you have to post, we just post when we can. We all have lives so it is understandable if you can't post for a few days. Just tell the DM that you might not post for a bit.

19th Aug, 2011 - 9:26pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons Play Post It Works Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 8

I think the idea of just posting when you can is what makes it the best. I don't have the kind of time to play traditionally like sitting around a table for hours so this way you get the same fun without having to be anywhere special.

+  « First of 12 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons Play By Post: How It Works

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,