Dungeons & Dragons Play By Post: How It Works - Page 10 of 12

I've played in almost all the ones - Page 10 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 3rd Dec, 2013 - 2:27pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

22nd September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 12 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 12 

?
Poll: After considering time, resources and overall role-play, Dungeons & Dragons is best played:
  Around a table where you face each other as it is meant to be       48.65%
  Via some kind of live web cam or interface       2.70%
  Via some chat interface       5.41%
  On a Forum or Bulletin Board like this one       43.24%
  On the computer in a solo game environment       0.00%
  Via snail mail       0.00%
  Other (Explain in your Post)       0.00%
Total Votes: 37
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
How to play Dungeons & Dragons This Thread serves as a GENERAL explanation of how Play By Post works. Each Dungeon Master may have different rules to their specific game.
15th Sep, 2013 - 3:10am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons Play By Post: How It Works - Page 10

I'm really liking play by post role-playing games. I have never played tabletop Dungeons & Dragons, but it seems like you could distracted easily on other things besides playing and developing your character. I have played [MMO] role-playing games, and it seems like everyone is focused on getting as much done as possible in the shortest amount of time with out knowing why their character would be doing it. It's just to get XP and get to the next level. I even find myself doing this on solo video game role-playing games. Play by post gives you an [opportunity] to think about your character's personality, background, and motives before making decisions or taking on quests.

Sponsored Links:
20th Sep, 2013 - 2:11am / Post ID: #

Works It Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Table top playing is just like posting but on a hyper level but without the deep thought. That's the cool thing about Play By Post, you can think more about what you like want to say about your character and stuff.

Post Date: 12th Nov, 2013 - 5:48pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons Play By Post: How It Works Reviews RPG & Card Board

Name: Shrieber

Comments: How is communication handled between players like when two thieves in a party want to plan something against other party members?

12th Nov, 2013 - 10:47pm / Post ID: #

Page 10 Works It Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

I'd think you would whatever private message system or chat or even email each other outside of the game to discuss that as it wouldn't work very well if you announced it as part of your actions. wink.gif

13th Nov, 2013 - 6:36pm / Post ID: #

Works It Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Just as Beowolf said but on this site the only way you can message privately is if you're a donating member.

14th Nov, 2013 - 12:23am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons Play By Post: How It Works

I forgot to mention that Krusten, thank you. I could also add to my list that if you know the person in real life then that makes it way simpler too. I've been in a few online Play By Post situations with someone I know in real life and we trashed out our ideas face to face long before we put it as a post in the forums.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
3rd Dec, 2013 - 7:12am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons Play Post It Works - Page 10

I have to say that playing table top is the best way to experience Dungeons & Dragons. But play by post has its advantages too. With play by post you have more time to think out the wisest course of action or the best play on words. It can be slow though, which is why I like table top better. Being I don't have anyone to play table top with I'm content with play by post.

3rd Dec, 2013 - 2:27pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons Play Post It Works Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 10

I've played in almost all the ones here and the slowness can be a factor, it has a lot to do with how the GM runs things too. Like if he just waits til everyone posts then it takes way to long but if there is a max waiting period then its cool. Plus, like if you're in many Role-playing Games at once you don't notice the waiting.

+  « First of 12 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 12 

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons Play By Post: How It Works

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,