Dungeons & Dragons Play By Post: How It Works - Page 11 of 12

I'm still a bit confused why we use - Page 11 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 14th Apr, 2015 - 1:48pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

22nd September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 12 pgs.  7 8 9 10 11 12 

?
Poll: After considering time, resources and overall role-play, Dungeons & Dragons is best played:
  Around a table where you face each other as it is meant to be       48.65%
  Via some kind of live web cam or interface       2.70%
  Via some chat interface       5.41%
  On a Forum or Bulletin Board like this one       43.24%
  On the computer in a solo game environment       0.00%
  Via snail mail       0.00%
  Other (Explain in your Post)       0.00%
Total Votes: 37
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
How to play Dungeons & Dragons This Thread serves as a GENERAL explanation of how Play By Post works. Each Dungeon Master may have different rules to their specific game.
3rd Dec, 2013 - 5:50pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons Play By Post: How It Works - Page 11

I agree Play By Post. That's why I try to make sure I update the game in a maximum of two days, preferably one! I have begun to see the pattern of players participation and try to make adjustments based on such occurrences as lack of participation. That is the whole reason I attempted to start my own Role-playing Game so that the slowness factor wouldn't be as bad in at least one of the open Role-playing Game 's. But I have to say that table top is still my favorite.

Sponsored Links:
5th Dec, 2013 - 3:03pm / Post ID: #

Works It Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

I think it all depends on who you're playing with. You can be around a table with morons and the game sucks while you're on a BB or forum and enjoying Play By Post with quality role playing. It works vice versa too. Just saying that its more important who you are playing with than the medium you're using.

11th Dec, 2013 - 2:23pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons Play By Post: How It Works Reviews RPG & Card Board

international QUOTE (RedSonja)
Just saying that its more important who you are playing with than the medium you're using.

Amen to that! What's the point having all the miniature, rule books, settings and stuff and the players on your left and right are behaving like morons.

15th Mar, 2015 - 12:03am / Post ID: #

Page 11 Works It Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

I've been seeing a lot of persons joining this community looking to play Dungeons & Dragons and after their intro they just go silent. Is it that they don't know what to do or they can't find the Dungeons & Dragons Role-Playing Games? It must be frustrating for the moderators.

22nd Mar, 2015 - 1:41am / Post ID: #

Works It Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

From reading the first entry it looks like you guys got a lot of trouble from people not playing fairly or playing properly at all. The current players are not many, is it because the ones that didn't play well were banned?

22nd Mar, 2015 - 10:29pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons Play By Post: How It Works

They do ban troublemakers, I've seen some active people banned in the past but I think the main problem is just being consistent. I can't say for sure but I think most of the new comes expect a game to be played out within the week and it just doesn't happen like that because most of the participants here are working people so we do have other lives to live wink.gif.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 23rd Mar, 2015 - 12:26am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons Play By Post: How It Works
A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons Play Post It Works - Page 11

That is correct. It is timing on a lot of it and I know that a game can drag on for many weeks. Some for years as the characters gain level and find new challenges to take on and over come.

14th Apr, 2015 - 1:48pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons Play Post It Works Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 11

I'm still a bit confused why we use two topics to role-play for one game in Dungeons & Dragons. The Pathfinder system is simpler for me because the discussion of the players takes place in the same place the game manager updates.

+  « First of 12 pgs.  7 8 9 10 11 12 

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons Play By Post: How It Works

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,