Foreign Language Songs - Page 3 of 3

ReneeisXena: Yay! Finally someone - Page 3 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 4th Jul, 2005 - 8:34am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Can't understand it, but love it?
Post Date: 26th Jun, 2004 - 12:12am / Post ID: #

Foreign Language Songs
A Friend

Foreign Language Songs - Page 3

I just love Music. so to me language doesnt matter but some of the best stuff i have heard has been in a language other than english, some music just sounds better in another language.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 1st Jul, 2004 - 5:31pm / Post ID: #

Foreign Language Songs
A Friend

Songs Language Foreign

QUOTE (la_stephen @ 25-Feb 04, 8:50 PM)
TOTALLY!!

Its like...most of them know only a little english, so they throw in random English sentences...like, my fav band, the pillows, they have a song called Hello,
Welcome to Bubbletown's Happy Zoo
hehe. ITs all like

Stylish dove
Modern mouse
Prosy elephant
honest duck
Fantastic
I'm never tired of looking at them
Come on

Float like a butterfly
Sting like a bee
Hello, welcome to bubbletown's happy zoo instant show

And the whole song is like that!!

But i also love J-punk, 'cuz they sound COOLER than most american punk bands. Plus its all in Japanese, which i can parrot, but i dont really know what *most* of it means. ^_^!

i love listening to japanese music. especially Dir en Grey, kyo's lyrics are awsome. i dont think that american bands have that certain something that forgien songs have. (miavi's good too)

in dir en greys song 24ko cylinders theres an english rap part that makes no sense what so ever but i still love em and always will.

i know exactly what you mean about parroting...hehe

Reconcile Edited: Minako on 1st Jul, 2004 - 5:34pm

Post Date: 2nd Jul, 2004 - 11:37am / Post ID: #

Foreign Language Songs
A Friend

Foreign Language Songs Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Look at things this way. I listen to a whole bunch of songs without any lyrics. Okay. So maybe they aren't songs. Oh well.

I used to listen a lot to Japanese pop music, but a lot of the songs just got too cheesy for me (and I do not like J-Rock, so there you go) and they just stopped appearing so frequently on my playlist.

And I listen to quite a number of Italian and Spanish songs. Crossover artistes have a lot of songs in those languages.

There's Mandarin, but I suppose that doesn't count, since I speak Mandarin. And some Gaelic/Irish because of Enya.

Music is music. Lyrics are important, but they're of second importance, to me. If you like lyrics so much, poetry might be a better way out. And... Well, if I really want to know, there are always translations (and some people are very kind to put in the translations in the lyric booklets as well..)

Post Date: 2nd Jul, 2004 - 2:17pm / Post ID: #

Foreign Language Songs
A Friend

Page 3 Songs Language Foreign

Songs without lyrics are still songs, xue. They're just... songs without lyrics. Nevermind. Personally, I'll listen to any song that happens to catch my fancy, for example, songs with a catchy tune (dance remixes, techno...) and perhaps songs whose lyrics strike a chord.

In songs in foreign languages, I simply nod my head to the beat, or just let myself listen. I'll listen to anything, actually, because for me it's the music, and not the words that matter. I've listened to malay songs, chinese songs, spanish songs, latino songs, french songs... Lots of languages, really. It seems that if the music makes sense, then the words don't matter.

29th Jul, 2004 - 1:23am / Post ID: #

Songs Language Foreign

My favorite foreign language music comes from an anime show called Inuyasha. The end credit themes are so cool and even though I don't understand a single word I still love them. Here is my favorite.
Song Name Fukai Mori; Deep Forest
Description: 2nd Ending Theme Song By: Do As Infinity

If you want to see the lyrics go to this link. https://www.inuyashaworld.com/Lyrics_show.cfm?Lyric_ID=5
I loved the song before I knew what the words meant, but after seeing the translation I just think it's one of the most beautiful song I've ever heard. If you check it out let me know what you think, ok.

Post Date: 21st Jun, 2005 - 12:37pm / Post ID: #

Foreign Language Songs
A Friend

Foreign Language Songs

I love listening to music/songs in other languages. I only speak English and understand very little Spanish and French. The particular singer who turned me on to really listening to songs in languages other than English would have to be Sarah Brightman. She's great that way. Anyone else ever heard her stuff?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 4th Jul, 2005 - 8:34am / Post ID: #

Foreign Language Songs
A Friend

Foreign Language Songs - Page 3

ReneeisXena: Yay! Finally someone appreciates that song at the end of Inuyasha. I recorded it on tape and so play it, rewind, play it, rewind, play it, rewind, over and over and over. It is SO moving, I considered looking the lyrics up online, but I figured it'd probably ruin it. As for on-topic; I like Dir En Grey, and I LOVE tATu, their Russian songs as much as their English ones.

Message Edited!
Persephone: Please do not use nonsense expressions (re: Yayayayayayay!) in your post, be descriptive. See thread about Constructive posting.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Foreign Language Songs

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,