The Believer Introduction

The Believer Introduction - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 13th Dec, 2010 - 6:43am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 12th Jun, 2010 - 4:22pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Hi Everyone, I have been reading the forum as a guest for a while now and finally decided to join. I am 28 year old native of Scotland. My family joined the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in 1980. They were active for about a year until I was born and then after some life's difficulties were inactive for ten years. Missionaries knocked on the door one day and we came back, I like to say we got to be converted twice. When we returned I was of course 10 years old and we have been back now 18 years and apart from illness have never missed a day's church since. I never managed to serve a mission as I had some medical problems, I suffer from a degenerative eye condition which severely effects my sight.

As a child and youth, I was always interested in the paranormal, ghosts, cryptozoology - that sort of stuff and began to believe in certain aspects of those things long before I got a testimony. When I finally got a testimony I knew without doubt that the church was true and whatever beliefs I had would have to fit into or change depending on my new faith. I believe however a lot of these things can be answered rationally, or have spiritual answers and one day science will also be able to corroborate all I believe. For if it is true as I believe then we have nothing to fear. I love studying lost scriptures, the dead sea scrolls, nag hammadi with the eye that some of it is inspired if not for the translation.

I want to join the forum because I've never been able to find people in the church where I live who were willing or interested enough in the deeper more mysterious aspects of our faith to speak about it. I think a lot of members are content to take everything at face value and barely scratch the surface of what we actually believe or what the prophets and general authorities have spoken on so many fascinating subjects. I hope that I can find some friends here who believe the way I do.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 12th Jun, 2010 - 4:24pm / Post ID: #

Introduction Believer The

Welcome LDS Member

Thanks for posting your introduction message, this INTERNATIONAL Forum allows you to freely interact positively with many people on varying topics such as LDS Church news, Doctrine, the Book of Mormon, etc. However, do keep in mind that LDS Related Discussion is kept only in the LDS Deep Doctrine Board.

Be sure to read: The Art of Discussion as some tend to become offended or argumentative, this may not be you, but just in case.

The next thing you should do now is update your profile. You can do this by clicking the link called, 'My Controls' in the top menu. You may wish to venture over to the LDS Deep Doctrine board and add your input.

Here are some quick links for you to look over when you have time:
Read --> Posting Policy | See All Boards | Site Map | FAQ | Upgrade

Note: If you joined just to access the Mature LDS Board then you need to Upgrade, see here for requirements: Click Here. Upgrading is NOT necessary for the FREE to use LDS Deep Doctrine Board. If you wish to make a DONATION Click Here.

Post Date: 13th Jun, 2010 - 11:22am / Post ID: #

The Believer Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Hello "The Believer". Thanks for such a thorough introduction. There are plenty of public LDS discussion threads in progress have you checked them out so you can contribute your thoughts? Please let me know if you need any help.

Post Date: 13th Dec, 2010 - 6:43am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Introduction Believer The

Dear Believer:

I'm curious to know what deep things of the bible or God that your church members aren't willing to discuss? Everything a believer needs to live a godly lifestyle is clearly stated in the bible.

> TOPIC: The Believer Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,