Toyota - Page 4 of 9

Another Toyota recall Toyota has stopped sales - Page 4 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 26th May, 2010 - 12:41am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (9) »
Toyota Recalls
Recalling 2.3 Million Vehicles - Toyota safety issues - pedal issues - Is there really a faulty break system?
Post Date: 25th Apr, 2010 - 9:54pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Toyota - Page 4

Toyota credit rating slips a gear

Moody's Investors Service has cut recall-hit Toyota Motor's credit ratings, saying that it expected the automaker's current low profitability to continue and that litigation costs could be significant. Ref. Source 3

Sponsored Links:
25th Apr, 2010 - 10:55pm / Post ID: #

Toyota

international QUOTE
All cars in the future will be safer as a result of the massive global recall instigated by automotive giant Toyota, a senior company official says.

I think the problem here is that laws already protect us from this sort of thing. Those laws were purposefully circumvented to allow faulty product to slip by it would seem. More regulations are nice but if no one is policing these regulations they mean nothing. This goes the same across the board on many topics of great importance of late.

Next thing you know they will be asking tax payers to bail out their company. Did I say asking, I meant forcing.

Post Date: 26th Apr, 2010 - 2:33am / Post ID: #

Toyota
A Friend

Toyota Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

I wish we could sue this company for putting a known faulty product out on the market by greasing the hands of some official so they would look the other way. What good are laws if they are not enforced. It is like the countless gun control laws that are on the books but never enforced. It is sad to think the general public has to be put to risk because some official wants more money.

26th Apr, 2010 - 5:55am / Post ID: #

Page 4 Toyota

Fight Club (Tyler Durden conversation with a passenger on a plane)

international QUOTE
Narrator(Durden): A new car built by my company leaves somewhere traveling at 60 mph. The rear differential locks up. The car crashes and burns with everyone trapped inside. Now, should we initiate a recall? Take the number of vehicles in the field, A, multiply by the probable rate of failure, B, multiply by the average out-of-court settlement, C. A times B times C equals X. If X is less than the cost of a recall, we don't do one.

Woman on plane: Are there a lot of these kinds of accidents?

Narrator (Durden): You wouldn't believe.

Woman on plane: Which car company do you work for?

Narrator (Durden): A major one.

That really is the reality of how a recall is decided. In this case, X must have been pretty close to the cost of a recall. However, now they will pay the court fine and a recall.

Reconcile Edited: Vincenzo on 26th Apr, 2010 - 5:58am

Post Date: 12th May, 2010 - 8:59pm / Post ID: #

Toyota

US launches fresh Toyota safety probe

The US government has launched a new investigation into whether Toyota promptly notified safety regulators about a pickup truck recall for a steering system problem. Ref. Source 7

12th May, 2010 - 9:03pm / Post ID: #

Toyota

I wonder if everything is in a computer as far as who gave who information like this. How accurate will it be for this investigation. I think people could fake that they let someone know, or vice versa. I also find it interesting that Toyota has become the beacon of peoples resentment to faulty car products. When many other car companies have faulty products as well.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 20th May, 2010 - 8:38pm / Post ID: #

Toyota - Page 4

Four Lexus models recalled by Toyota
Ref.
Toyota New Zealand says a small number of Kiwi owners may be affected by the Japanese carmaker's recall of four models of its Lexus luxury car due to steering problems, its latest move in a series of massive recalls. Ref. Source 9

Post Date: 26th May, 2010 - 12:41am / Post ID: #

Toyota Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 4

Another Toyota recall

Toyota has stopped sales of the Lexus LS sedan for about three weeks while it works to get parts to dealers to fix a problem with the vehicle's steering system, a spokesman said yesterday. Ref. Source 7

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (9) »

> TOPIC: Toyota

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,