Sleeping Through Your Fast

Sleeping Fast - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 23rd Jan, 2010 - 3:25pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Mormon Question
Post Date: 1st Jan, 2009 - 6:10pm / Post ID: #

Name: Bryce

Comments: Is it fair to just sleep though your fast on fast Sunday?

Sponsored Links:
2nd Jan, 2009 - 2:43am / Post ID: #

Fast Your Sleeping

I dont know what you mean by "fair" but if you want to know whether or not sleeping through your fast is actually fasting then no, isnt you know what am I saying?. Its like fasting without praying, pretty much just not eating and drinking.

Post Date: 18th Jan, 2010 - 4:05am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Sleeping Through Your Fast Studies Doctrine Mormon

It's fine to nap if you need to; but while fasting, one does so while trying to ponder the reason for his/her fast. It's hard to ponder if you sleep it away. Fasting just to not eat and that's it, is not really fasting. It's no more than a starvation diet if that's all that's being done.
Yet, if prayer, thoughtfulness, and sincerity are also there, then sure nap if you need to, but try to dedicate real time to your fast. That way you get a real answer.

Good luck!

23rd Jan, 2010 - 3:25pm / Post ID: #

Fast Your Sleeping

international QUOTE (Big D @ 18-Jan 10, 4:05 AM)
Yet, if prayer, thoughtfulness, and sincerity are also there, then sure nap if you need to, but try to dedicate real time to your fast.

But is it truly possible to do that while napping? I don't think so. I think we should be up and praying constantly.

> TOPIC: Sleeping Through Your Fast

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,