Toronto area pedestrian deaths up to 14 this month

Toronto Area Pedestrian Deaths 14 Month - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 26th Jan, 2010 - 5:13pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Canada, Canadian Related News
Post Date: 26th Jan, 2010 - 9:15am / Post ID: #

Canadian News

A woman was struck and killed by a sport utility vehicle Monday as she crossed an intersection in Toronto's west end while a man who was injured after being hit by a streetcar this weekend has also died.
Source: CBC | Toronto News

Sponsored Links:
26th Jan, 2010 - 5:13pm / Post ID: #

month up deaths pedestrian area Toronto

Visibility is probably a big factor in this. In that area it tends to snow causing visibility issues. Also the roads could have been making it harder to stop. One other thing I have noticed is some of these street lights change so fast you as a pedestrian don't have a hole lot of time to look all around every second for a car to hit you. You are to busy trying to get across the road before the light turns red again. Not to mention a pedestrian looking left, right and behind them while frantically trying to cross would probably look kind of crazy. I try to glance as a precaution but on this I would say its up to the driver. This is assuming the pedestrian isn't just walking into the street willy nilly without a care. That shouldn't be done either.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 70 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 7%

> TOPIC: Toronto area pedestrian deaths up to 14 this month

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,