iPad - Page 5 of 5

Why would anyone want to purchase one of these? - Page 5 - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 8th Feb, 2011 - 2:44am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
iPad
Will you buy one? Ipad Reviews.
5th Jan, 2011 - 7:18am / Post ID: #

iPad - Page 5

Buying an IPad now is probably not a great idea if you like the functionality of your laptop. Currently, without a camera or USB ports, the IPad is pretty limited for some users. It is great for the traveling business man as it decreases luggage requirements for books/magazines and offers a alternative to the movies on board a plane if you have loaded some up. Many competitors are going to be coming out and challenging the IPad and IPad is actually going to have the IPad II out later this quarter (rumored with camera and USB port).

Personally, I am waiting to see if the competitors running on Android end up with a better product that the IPad like they have done with the IPhone.

Reconcile Edited: Vincenzo on 5th Jan, 2011 - 7:19am

Sponsored Links:
7th Jan, 2011 - 1:25pm / Post ID: #

iPad

I like to call the Ipad, the "huge" Iphone. I find the size a little too ridiculously looking taking into consideration its capabilities.

11th Jan, 2011 - 12:34am / Post ID: #

iPad Gaming Video & Issues Computer

It is really a pretty cool gimmick. It gets rid of your mouse (but touch pad mouses have been around for a while) and is pretty slim for travel. The battery is pretty good with about 12hrs of run time which is important. I think the big thing is that it is about the same size as a standard piece of paper so it mimicks a book or magazine very well.

However, without the USB port (to add a camera and other things) or a camera on board, it is pretty limited. Apple does this kind of thing a lot. Now those that bought iPads will want to upgrade to the iPad2 because they like the iPad but want the camera and USB port.

I have seen some competitors (many coming out this year) and they are pretty nice. It really all depends on what your needs are...

I use SKYPE a LOT, so I am used to oversized phones!

13th Jan, 2011 - 12:47am / Post ID: #

Page 5 iPad

How much for an Ipad these days? (used one). My sister wants to get one but I find the prices are way too high, maybe it's not a good time to purchase?

13th Jan, 2011 - 1:02am / Post ID: #

iPad

Actually, the price of a iPad has been coming down as they are purging their inventories of iPad1 before the launch of iPad2 this year. However, the price is highly dependent on the platform (memory and 3G capability). Some locations have the base model with 3G as low as 69 USD.

13th Jan, 2011 - 9:43am / Post ID: #

iPad

My boss has one of these and he loves it. He says it's great for email, better than a phone, because it's easier to read and type replies. It just looks like a giant iPod to me.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
25th Jan, 2011 - 12:21am / Post ID: #

iPad - Page 5

Someone mentioned the iPad is not a phone but you can make it one if you install a VOiP application like Skype so you have the best of both worlds.

Post Date: 8th Feb, 2011 - 2:44am / Post ID: #

iPad
A Friend

iPad Computer Issues & Video Gaming - Page 5

Why would anyone want to purchase one of these? I'd personally save my money, and buy a smaller one, which is the iPod touch. That is more reasonable, you can fit it into your pocket. It is the same thing as the iPad, except the size.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: iPad

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,