Don't Ask Don't Tell - Page 3 of 5

When big government makes decisions it does - Page 3 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 22nd Oct, 2010 - 12:08am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
U.S.A. Gays in the Military
10th Sep, 2010 - 4:59pm / Post ID: #

Don't Ask Don't Tell - Page 3

To say that s-xual harassment from commanding officer hasn't happened before all this is a bit off I think.

I would not be surprised if such things have taken place. At least now, or soon, the person being harassed is more likely to come forward.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 70 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 7%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 10th Sep, 2010 - 11:18pm / Post ID: #

Don't Ask Don't Tell
A Friend

Tell Dont Dont

s-xual harassment happens in the military already. It has been in the military for as long as I can remember. IT does not matter if your straight, gay, male, or female. Any one can be harassed at any time by a superior, equal or lower rank. THe military has been trying to deal with this for a long time. Now add in the openly gay or lesbian. IS this going to change things. I do not think so as the Military continues to struggle with all the other s-xual and harassment issues. I believe that if your able to do the job and do it well then it should matter what your personal preference is.

13th Sep, 2010 - 3:09am / Post ID: #

Don't Ask Don't Tell History & Civil Business Politics

As I have said, repeal it fine. However, to repeal it and not plan for the litigation and lawsuits awards before hand is just plain irresponsible. However, we got national health care without even really knowing what was voted on or how much it would cost, so it is not greatly surprising.

I honestly get the vibe that this president no longer cares if he gets a second term and just wants to be able to point towards any reform that he can make before he leaves as a legacy.

Reconcile Edited: Vincenzo on 13th Sep, 2010 - 3:10am

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Post Date: 21st Sep, 2010 - 11:12pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Page 3 Tell Dont Dont

Repeal Blocked

Senate Republicans Block Repeal of 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Ref. ABC News

Post Date: 13th Oct, 2010 - 5:53pm / Post ID: #

Tell Dont Dont

Nationwide injunction

RIVERSIDE, Calif. (AP) - A federal judge has issued a nationwide injunction stopping enforcement of the "don't ask, don't tell" policy, possibly ending the military's 17-year-old ban on openly gay troops. U.S. District Judge Virginia Phillips' landmark ruling Tuesday was widely cheered by gay-rights organizations. U.S. Department of Justice attorneys have 60 days to appeal. Legal experts say they are under no legal obligation to do so and could let Phillips' ruling stand. Ref. USAToday

Post Date: 19th Oct, 2010 - 8:47pm / Post ID: #

Don't Ask Don't Tell

Openly Gay Recruits

Pentagon tells recruiters they can accept openly gay and lesbian recruits, following "don't ask, don't tell" court ruling. Ref. CNN

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 20th Oct, 2010 - 7:17am / Post ID: #

Don't Ask Don't Tell
A Friend

Don't Don't Tell - Page 3

Before I say this needs to be repealed, I want to have some answers on some other questions first.

1) How will the barracks work? Could a straight Soldier who doesn't want to be housed with a homosexual Soldier request a new room without being berated? We don't house male and females together, so why should someone be forced to? I am sure there will be other Soldiers who don't care, so the move more then likely would not be a problem, but if a Soldier complains, what will happen?

2) Marriage? Will the military accepting homosexual Soldiers be forced to accept their partners? Will this force a state to accept homosexual marriage because they have a military base within the state even if the population votes against gay marriage? I do not think that once DADT is repealed there will be thousands of homosexuals beating down recruiter office door. They will however use it as a vehicle to push the agenda one step at a time, Alinsky style.

3) How much training time is going to be absorbed by new acceptance training that will probably be tagged with an annual requirement?

Questions like this are why Gates wants to take time on this issue. Change is fine, but change done recklessly destroys things. What are the cascading effects?

22nd Oct, 2010 - 12:08am / Post ID: #

Don't Don't Tell Politics Business Civil & History - Page 3

When big government makes decisions it does so with a dollar sign in mind. The above questions are valid but not enough for power-mongers.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 100 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 10%

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Don't Ask Don't Tell

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,