Mary And Max

Mary Max - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 29th Jan, 2010 - 4:10am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 25th Jan, 2010 - 7:31pm / Post ID: #

Mary And Max

Mary and Max

What is your review for the movie: "Mary and Max"?

Mary And Max
Mary And Max (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
29th Jan, 2010 - 3:16am / Post ID: #

Max Mary

Excellent movie. It's the story of a young girl in Australia and an old Jewish man from New York who become pen pals by accident. The narrative is found on the letters they wrote to each other. Both have special needs. Mary is verbally abused and neglected by her drunk and thief mother and her father rather spend time with dead animals than with his family. Max is an old man who suffers of Aspergers Syndrome and all the challenges that are associated with the condition.

The movie is rather unique because it describes the challenges of these two people through overtone humor and wittiness. It is based on a true story.

Rate: 2 starblue.gif' /><!--endemo-->  </p><div> </div> </div>

<br>
<br>

<div style=

29th Jan, 2010 - 4:10am / Post ID: #

Mary And Max Sports & Fashion Music Movies

I was actually not sure I wanted to see the movie, I saw the poster and thought that its some fairytale for kids. However, I read the sub title and intro and I was most interested to know how a 40 year old and an 8 year old could carry on a reasonable pen relationship and make it entertaining enough that producers turned it into an animated movie.

I was not in any way disappointed.

In some ways I felt attached to both characters and especially having a son that resembled the problems Max Jerry Horovitz went through I felt so close to the whole concept.

Then there is the role of Mary Daisy Dinkle who reminded me of my famous question... "Why do children suffer?" A question no one has been able to give me a reasonable answer to yet, neither does this movie. Despite that, comedy and sadness is the hour of the day. If you suffered with depression, been round someone with Asperger's, had less than half good parents or anything like that then this film is a MUST see. If you have no empathy at all ou might find this boring.

I was touched... I shed a tear. See it.

Rate: 3 starblue.gif' /><!--endemo--> </p><div> </div> </div>

<p id=Mary And Max
Mary And Max (Hover)

> TOPIC: Mary And Max

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,