Pisceanpaul Introduction - Page 2 of 2

Of course you did not have this difficulty, - Page 2 - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 1st Feb, 2010 - 2:17am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Closed
Post Date: 31st Jan, 2010 - 6:11pm / Post ID: #

Pisceanpaul Introduction
A Friend

Pisceanpaul Introduction - Page 2

Oh-kaay, I don't sense a tone at all in your reply, JB. undecided.gif

Just so you know, I clicked on the [HERE] link that you're referring to, but I mean navigation in general is difficult. The interface isn't really user-friendly. I guess I'll click on the "Big Dragon" to see what I find.

Reconcile Edited: pisceanpaul on 31st Jan, 2010 - 6:31pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 31st Jan, 2010 - 6:31pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,080
Flag Posts: 51,737
Avg: 6.4 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,620.22 FP
Charm: 394

Introduction Pisceanpaul

international QUOTE (Pisceanpaul)
I don't sense a tone at all in your reply at all, JB.

Then you missed it, read it again.

international QUOTE
but I mean navigation in general is difficult

No... That is NOT what you said, read your own words:

international QUOTE
I can't seem to find games, for example

Therefore my Reply which you can read again. It is one thing to have questions about things that may not have an easy answer and then it is a whole other thing when you spend a considerable amount of time placing links and information at every strategic point only to have someone say they cannot find something simply because they are not even looking for it or reading.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Post Date: 31st Jan, 2010 - 8:23pm / Post ID: #

Member Editor
[?] CPosts: 732
Flag Posts: 1,783
Avg: 0.3 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 8.4%
[+] Gain: 97.17 FP
Charm: 5

Pisceanpaul Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Remember how on those older Y2K sites they had this big flashing banner saying words like "click here" and then they go wherever the page owner wanted them to go? Maybe thats what some people need I guess.

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Hindu | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 6th Aug, 2009 - 6:53pm
Signature: The keyboard is mightier than the sword.
Post Date: 1st Feb, 2010 - 2:07am / Post ID: #

Member Editor
[?] CPosts: 544
Flag Posts: 1,325
Avg: 0.2 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 5.3%
[+] Gain: 200.00 FP
Charm: 58

Page 2 Introduction Pisceanpaul

That's too bad. =(

Is there a way to perhaps actually have a page automatically load when they first sign up, a full html/php page and give a quick one page summary and highlight the most useful and necessary FAQs, places to do, etc., and encourage them to bookmark it? I think a lot of people feel there are a lot of FAQs and directions and such, is all I can imagine - I don't remember having quite the amount of trouble some people are though.

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Independent
Tenet: Agnostic | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 12th Dec, 2006 - 5:51pm
Signature: "...into thine arms I now shall creep, and learn they wisdom while I sleep. Amen."
Post Date: 1st Feb, 2010 - 2:17am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,080
Flag Posts: 51,737
Avg: 6.4 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,620.22 FP
Charm: 394

Introduction Pisceanpaul

Of course you did not have this difficulty, you took your time to read. How many have joined and went through the process without even asking one question yet you have others that join and then everything is a problem because the website server they're accustomed using is down. They get bored, search Google and then they're here.

I can keep adding more and more stuff but that will not make people read. In the Bottom Bar is a Bookmark link on every page, plus a help like, site map, and on and on... I could add the kitchen sink and they will still miss it. The Registration process is quite clear about what is expected here, Horde in his response is quite clear.

* Thread Closed *

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Pisceanpaul Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,