FINANCE: Outrage as bailed-out AIG pays 100 million dollars in bonuses

Finance Outrage Bailed-out Aig Pays 100 Million - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 4th Feb, 2010 - 8:17am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

France Business - French Business
Post Date: 4th Feb, 2010 - 6:11am / Post ID: #

France Economy Local French Business Updates

AIG, who were bailed-out by the US government at the height of the financial crisis, is set to pay out approximately 100 million dollars in bonuses, sparking outrage among US officials.
Source: BUSINESS / TECH - latest business and tech news report, read news on business, technology, banking, industry, media and e-business

Sponsored Links:
4th Feb, 2010 - 8:17am / Post ID: #

bonuses dollars million pays AIG bailed-out Outrage FINANCE

If the US did not bail out AIG those who are getting bonus money would not have a job at all. I don't understand why a contract would be binding in this situation. Also why didn't anyone in Washington see this coming, is anyone doing their job?

It's pretty funny that they are receiving bonus money. I realize it isn't necessarily the fault of every worker. Many of them probably had little to no idea this was going to happen. However your company failed terribly, why in the world would a bonus be in order.

Thats like giving a reward to the students that get low grades in school while giving nothing to the over achievers.

Sorry, we had to give all our money to the underachievers. So we have none left for the ones who deserve it.

Yes, I think outrage is a good word to describe most peoples reactions.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 70 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 7%

> TOPIC: FINANCE: Outrage as bailed-out AIG pays 100 million dollars in bonuses

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,