Toyota defends worldwide recalls as putting customer first

Toyota Defends Worldwide Recalls Putting Customer - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 5th Feb, 2010 - 8:01pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Japan News - Japanese News
Post Date: 2nd Feb, 2010 - 3:05pm / Post ID: #

user posted image Local Japanese News In English

Toyota Motor Corp Executive Vice President Shinichi Sasaki on Tuesday offered an apology to customers for a massive recall that could reach up to 4.45"¦
Source: cleanup

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 2nd Feb, 2010 - 5:32pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

first customer putting recalls worldwide defends Toyota

They are just adding a plate to the gas pedal in hopes that that is the answer. I wonder if it is something in the brain of the vehicle that is causing this. I guess we have to wait and see if this latest fix works or not.

I know it does not do enough for me to make me look at any toyota vehicles as a possible buy.

3rd Feb, 2010 - 8:36am / Post ID: #

Toyota defends worldwide recalls as putting customer first History & Civil Business Politics

Well, it sure sounds nice...putting customer safety first! However, that is likely the smaller part of why it is being done. Firstly, they are doing it for Toyota. They figured out how many vehicles may have the problem. They then estimated percentage vehicles would be involved in accidents that would result in payouts. They also estimated the average expected payout per lawsuit. They check that versus the cost of a recall and a decision is made. In this case there were too many cars with the potential problem to ignore and the settlements in lawsuits would be enormous when the public found out that Toyota knew about the problem.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Post Date: 5th Feb, 2010 - 8:01pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

first customer putting recalls worldwide defends Toyota

Apology

Toyota President Akio Toyoda apologizes for recall, says "Toyota's cars are safe," Kyodo news agency says. Ref. CNN

> TOPIC: Toyota defends worldwide recalls as putting customer first

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,