Religulous

Religulous - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 20th Apr, 2010 - 8:12pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 1st Oct, 2008 - 2:05am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Religulous

Religulous

Maher's 'Apatheism'

Bill Maher's new movie "Religulous" opens Friday, and already the "Politically Incorrect" and "Real Time" comedian is making waves for the film, which challenges the very core of Christianity, Judaism and Islam. His is a pilgrimage of doubt -- directed by Larry Charles, the man behind the "Borat" movie. Maher characteristically calls out the devout for following blindly the tenets of Western religion. It's a comedy, but the butt of the joke is a faith that many take quite seriously. The comedian, of course, is unapologetic. ABC News correspondent Bill Weir sits down with Maher to ask him about his new film.
Ref. ABC Nightline

Sponsored Links:
30th Jan, 2009 - 1:53pm / Post ID: #

Religulous

I saw this documentary after reading such rave reviews for it. I can only say that after watching it the hype was overdone. I can see a religious person developing either an appreciation for what Bill Maher was trying to do or a great hate for Bill Maher. Many will be offended, I wasn't as some religion beliefs can be ridiculous at times. I actually agreed with SOME points he made. What I did find poor about this film is that Bill Maher takes people who are clueless about their own belief and then puts them in the spotlight to talk about it. He really hits hard: Catholics, Muslims and Evangelicals especially. He displays what others view as sacred in a light minded way, so beware.

Rate: 1 starorange.gif' /><!--endemo--> </p><div> </div> </div>

<p id=Religulous
Religulous (Hover)

22nd Mar, 2010 - 4:43am / Post ID: #

Religulous Sports & Fashion Music Movies

After watching this film I felt that all religions are not real. Seeing the facts layed out before me in this way allowed me to sanely break free from the mind construct of religion. Helping me understand that people are afraid of what they don't know and that religions are a way of us coping with our mortality.

He asks so many key questions that have no real answers and brings to light facts on the history of religion in general that beg the question why.

One fact I was unaware of, (being schooled in christian schools and a reader of the bible) is that Mary was not the first woman in history to have a virgin birth. In fact many religions before christianity had almost identical doctrines and history. Seemingly making christianity a plagiarized religion.

Honestly, if you take into consideration the ridiculousness of many of religions verses. Pertaining to people defying the laws of physics along with life and death. One should, and I think has the responsibility to ask, really?

Personally I feel we as the human race are beyond such fairy tales. The sooner we rid ourselves of such nonsense the sooner we can address more factual and important matters.

I still do believe in life after death, because I can see the spirit in things around me and purpose of it. However I feel strongly after 2000 years, religion has had its chance to balance the world around us. I feel it is time now for people to own up to their actions. To stop blaming religion for their violence and hatred.

It is time to stand up and be humans, not shells of a God.

20th Apr, 2010 - 8:12pm / Post ID: #

Religulous

I think he could have approached it more civilly, good-naturedly, and still had an entertaining/thought-provoking comedy piece, but it was more than just "tough" or "hard-hitting", it was mean-spirited, especially, as noted, to the people who were not biblical scholars. I was disappointed and did not watch more than the first 15-20 minutes of it, as it was too painful and abusive, and that's speaking as an agnostic/possibly theist who is not a member of an organized religion. It was shooting fish in a barrel with a bazooka and having a smirk of self-satisfaction after doing so. Pathetic.

> TOPIC: Religulous

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,