Rissa Introduction - Page 2 of 5

Oliron, I most likely will choose something - Page 2 - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 26th Mar, 2010 - 11:02am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Post Date: 26th Mar, 2010 - 3:24am / Post ID: #

Member Graced
[?] CPosts: 40
Flag Posts: 101
Avg: 0.0 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 0.5%
[+] Gain: 200.00 FP
Charm: 2

Rissa Introduction - Page 2

Oh how my imagination taunts me so. There are far too many possibilities in character creations, especially when you are so open minded and are only concerned about enjoying your time as the character rather than stressing about the best race + class for stats combination.

The worst part is I can see myself role-playing as just about anything. undecided.gif

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Independent
Tenet: Buddhist | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Thirty Something | Joined: Reg. 25th Mar, 2010 - 6:05pm
Signature: How did I get so wise you may ask? Self education and a LOT of life experiences.
Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 26th Mar, 2010 - 3:32am / Post ID: #

Member Author
[?] CPosts: 1,114
Flag Posts: 3,474
Avg: 0.6 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 16.7%
[+] Gain: 218.76 FP
Charm: 43

Introduction Rissa

Personally if I was playing KNtorans campaign I would lean towards a ranger with orcs as my designated enemy. If I was playing my campaign I would choose a good cleric. However it is up to you obviously to choose what you will. I am exited about your enthusiasm.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Unsure
Tenet: Pagan | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 28th Nov, 2009 - 3:24pm
Signature:
Post Date: 26th Mar, 2010 - 3:48am / Post ID: #

Member Graced

Rissa Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

But the problem is I see the importance of every role, heck I would even play as a half-orc bard just for comical relief. I'm just looking for a good time and some fun adventures. biggrin.gif

Reconcile Edited: Rissa on 26th Mar, 2010 - 3:48am

Tenet: Buddhist | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Thirty Something | Joined: Reg. 25th Mar, 2010 - 6:05pm
Signature: How did I get so wise you may ask? Self education and a LOT of life experiences.
Post Date: 26th Mar, 2010 - 4:15am / Post ID: #

Member Author

Page 2 Introduction Rissa

Leaning towards the comedy side myself, I can appreciate good humor. Please, if you can add such spirit here, I would be grateful.

Blog Read My Blog
Tenet: Pagan | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 28th Nov, 2009 - 3:24pm
Signature:
Post Date: 26th Mar, 2010 - 4:58am / Post ID: #

Member Graced

Introduction Rissa

I can try my best, but it's hard to tell what they are lacking without having a previous character. I was kind of thinking of being a halfling fighter, my goal would be to not be able to hurt a fly but at the same time be fearless and thrive for a fight. It would remind me a lot of Scrappy Doo.

Post Date: 26th Mar, 2010 - 5:27am / Post ID: #

Member Author

Rissa Introduction

biggrin.gif Please consider a more empowering PC, you can still run the comedy thread threw it.

Blog Read My Blog
Signature:
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 26th Mar, 2010 - 9:40am / Post ID: #

Member Editor
[?] CPosts: 544
Flag Posts: 1,325
Avg: 0.2 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 5.3%
Charm: 58

Rissa Introduction - Page 2

Hello and welcome Rissa! You have quite the mental and creative activity going on, just from your posts here! I really hope you like it here and "get into it", you'd no doubt be a great addition to the site/forum, in general or RPG.

On RPGs, I don't know, nothing says halflings are ONLY comics. Our group made a party of halfling pit-fighters in Warhammer and were actually pretty proficient, but the GM himself was just too weirded out and mad like he thought we were picking on him - I was really looking forward to seeing how that concept, never played by us, would work, especially en mass, to see how well we could differentiate our characters solely by roleplaying and to a lesser extent, stats. The WFRP book has Fieldwarden as a career, and the picture is quite heroic, and the stat and skill layout is quite impressive. They're not all just bumbling garbage disposals that happen into world-changing scenarios.

Rissa, I've run some online games, but am more experienced with face to face games, mostly Warhammer, Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek/Wars and Feng Shui. It took me a while to get to used to the way things are done usually in their rpg section, but I haven't been part of any pbp rpg communities before. I wasn't sure about playing in more than one game but I seem to be doing mostly alright, if it weren't for other outside-life things interfering, I'd be much more responsive.

We have 8-9 people right now in KNtoran's game, and while he always welcomes new people, Oliron is trying to get his game off the ground, and myself, KNtoran and Thomas Lee are in his but he could maybe use some more, if the plot looks like it has potential to you.

At any rate, you say you've been reading FAQs and stuff, so that's excellent, as they are big on that around here. I will go ahead and link you to the one I wrote specifically for KNToran's game and the admin was kind enough to sticky: AD&D Newcomer F.A.Q.

So hopefully see you around the various forums somewhere!

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Independent
Tenet: Agnostic | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 12th Dec, 2006 - 5:51pm
Signature: "...into thine arms I now shall creep, and learn they wisdom while I sleep. Amen."
Post Date: 26th Mar, 2010 - 11:02am / Post ID: #

Member Graced

Rissa Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing - Page 2

Oliron, I most likely will choose something else, I do like fighters but they are kind of played out. I may actually try a ranger, I will squeeze comedy in somehow but I never seem to give ranger's a chance. I have always seemed to multi-class early into the ranger levels, which to my understanding you cannot do here?

Jpat, thank you for the help. I'm sure I will see potential in every plot, and I am aware that halflings are nothing to underestimate biggrin.gif

I look forward to being around the forms and have been enjoying myself so far to say the least.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Rissa Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,