Guinea Pigs - Page 2 of 2

We had them in an open fronted out building, - Page 2 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 11th Mar, 2007 - 1:58pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
These are the cutest pets, and No! they are not rats!
9th Feb, 2004 - 1:20am / Post ID: #

Guinea Pigs - Page 2

Yes, guinea pigs the ideal pet for sure. They are very entertaining, but not as loveable as a dog, so if you intend for her to hold one, make sure she has gloves on and you are nearby since if she drops the guinea pig there will be broken bones for sure.

Sponsored Links:
22nd May, 2004 - 4:57am / Post ID: #

Pigs Guinea

Yes but if you have two females like I do then you need to make sure you separate them, I have one who is huge and she bullies the other one all the time to the point of hurting her, so we had to separate them.

28th May, 2004 - 7:45pm / Post ID: #

Guinea Pigs UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

I bought my daughter a guinea pig and to be honest, I wish I never had. She has very little interest in it, because they are not as easy to play with as say our dog. Also, I believe they require more maintenance. We have to clean his cage every week, plus cut up carrots and celery, plus give it water every day. At least with our dog, there is no clean up really, we feed him twice a day (no cutting required) and he has way more personality. My wife has a liking for the guinea pig but honestly I dont. I prefer my dog. Yes they need more training earlier in life, but they live longer, and are more sociable. In my humble opinion tongue.gif

28th May, 2004 - 8:36pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Pigs Guinea

Malexander, laugh.gif did you know you can train your guinea pig too? They can be fun once you get to know them. Each day you have to stroke them, let them get used to your smell and so on. I believe you like dogs more because they take the initiative and do not wait for you to get to know them, but with Guinea Pigs they are natural hiders.

28th May, 2004 - 9:00pm / Post ID: #

Pigs Guinea

If youre saying I am lazy JB, then yes I agree laugh.gif I've also been bitten by the guinea pig and man do their nails grow. I honestly believe what you are saying about training them. I'm just not into them, I guess. Sorry. tongue.gif

10th Mar, 2007 - 9:34pm / Post ID: #

Guinea Pigs

We used to keep both rabbits and guinea pigs, nowadays we just keep rabbits.
The guinea pigs are easy to keep, but the only downside that I have found to them is that they are not very 'hardy', as in they become at great risk when the weather drops down, or there are loud noises. One of ours died the day after all the fireworks for bonfire night, and another time, the weather was quite mild, and it dropped significantly over night, and we found our guinea pig dead in the morning.
I think maybe they are better suited to warmer climates.

The thing that really surprised me was the fact that when a baby guinea pig is born, it is born full of fur and running around immediately, as opposed to a rabbit that is born with no fur, and cannot see or run for weeks.

In the right environment and circumstances, guinea pigs do make nice pets.
Although it sounds like we have lost quite a few guinea pigs, we have also kept lots, so the percentage of losing a guinea pig in reality is very low.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
11th Mar, 2007 - 2:31am / Post ID: #

Guinea Pigs - Page 2

Did you keep your Guinea Pigs outside or inside? They should be kept at the same temperature that is suitable for humans and normally the hay or grass or whatever you use as compost will keep them warm, especially if it is two of them.

11th Mar, 2007 - 1:58pm / Post ID: #

Guinea Pigs Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 2

We had them in an open fronted out building, with plenty of straw. We only lost 2 guinea pigs this way, out of around 30 guinea pigs that we kept over around 10 years, so it's not a high percentage, but never the less, I don't like to see any animal die of shock. I've heard of it plenty of times happening to other people, and I would say that this is the only down side to keeping guinea pigs.

Having said that, they do make lovely friendly pets that are easy to handle, and make nice pets for children especially if handled daily, they respond well to you and nuzzle up in your arms.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Guinea Pigs

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,