Knowing If Joseph Smith Saw What He Saw?

Knowing Joseph Smith Saw - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 17th Jul, 2010 - 12:56pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 8th Apr, 2010 - 3:32am / Post ID: #

Name: Kathy

Comments: This is not meant to offend anyone here, I'm asking honestly. Is there a way to know if Joseph Smith really saw what he said he saw, namely God and Jesus, without following your own discretion? Now let me explain that. The way I've been explained is that I must pray and I will be told via a feeling. I am just wondering, is that the only way? For me feelings are many and I'm wanting to know more about a sure answer.

Sponsored Links:
8th Apr, 2010 - 12:58pm / Post ID: #

Saw What Smith Joseph Knowing

In one of the threads here I mentioned I had a very special revelation some time ago and came as more than just a "feeling" so I believe it is possible to receive confirmation about something in a more sure way.

Post Date: 17th Jul, 2010 - 2:25am / Post ID: #

Knowing If Joseph Smith Saw What He Saw? Studies Doctrine Mormon

Name: Nick

Comments: Kathy, the answer to a real prayer comes from the Holy Spirit and not just feelings of thought and heart like we are lead to believe that that's all there is to it.

There's more to it than that.

His presence is recognized as a separate entity apart from yourself.

This is why so many people are claiming promptings, revelations and inspiration from the Spirit that are only feelings that we ourselves are capable of generating.

If it was coming through the Spirit, there would be no doubt or confusion.

Most members have only been told how to pray in word and going through the motions and have been conditioned to speak much without taking the time to listen.

That approach provides no results from a member of the God Head who is as real as you and I and would be unwilling to answer a hollow prayer. And only provides you with confused feelings for answers or answers you only want to hear, coming from your own heart and mind.

I'm not doubting your obvious sincerity, I'm telling you to get down and ask God to make known to you the presence of the Holy Spirit, so that you will recognize the difference between your own thoughts and God speaking with you. And really expect and desire an answer.

Once you experience that, finding an answer to the question you asked is merely a matter of asking.

It's not whether or not Joseph is a True Prophet as far as your question is concerned, but rather whether you really believe that God speaks to us.

He really does Kathy, just ask Him to.

Do you think it is not possible that God would know if he is and that he is capable of relaying that truth to you?

You need God's truth. And His Spirit provides that truth. And God's Spirit will then become your friend and companion that he was intended to be. You had hands laid upon you but you have yet to receive his gift to you.

You have treated Him as an imaginary friend you would speak to on the phone when you were a kid. He's your Real Live Best Friend Kathy.

He's waiting...Just for you to inquire of His Real Presence in your life.

Do it Kathy.

Edited Message Edited...
Persephone: Before submitting check your spelling. Join the Community to have access to a Spell Checker

17th Jul, 2010 - 12:56pm / Post ID: #

Saw What Smith Joseph Knowing

For those that claim otherwise:

international QUOTE
"But, behold, I say unto you, that you must study it out in your mind; then you must ask me if it be right,and if it is right I will cause that your bosom shall burn within you; therefore, you shall feel that it is right. But if it be not right you shall have no such feelings, but you shall have a  stupor of thought that shall cause you to forget the thing which is wrong; therefore, you cannot write that which is  sacred save it be given you from me." (D&C 9:8-9)

If we believe in the truthfulness of the LDS Church we believe also in the Scriptures.

> TOPIC: Knowing If Joseph Smith Saw What He Saw?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,