Roethlisberger meets with Goodell

Roethlisberger Meets Goodell - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 22nd Apr, 2010 - 1:23am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Latest news and information about the NFL.
Post Date: 13th Apr, 2010 - 11:40pm / Post ID: #

Roethlisberger meets with Goodell (AP)
NFL Related News

The NFL is weighing possible disciplinary action against Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, who met with league commissioner Roger Goodell one day after learning he won't be charged in the alleged sexual assault of a Georgia college student. Roethlisberger described the Tuesday afternoon meeting in Manhattan as "very productive," but gave no hint whether he expects to be...
Source: Yahoo! Sports - NFL News

Sponsored Links:
14th Apr, 2010 - 3:54am / Post ID: #

Goodell meets Roethlisberger

Roethlisberger is getting all sorts of strong messages about his behavior:

The DA said that they wouldnt be pressing charges not because he didn't do it, but because there wasnt enough evidence to prove he did it. Not exactly saying he was innocent...which is probably best for him.

The Steelers (Mr Rooney) let go of their #1 WR (Santonio Holmes) for a mere 5th round draft pick in this years draft. That is a huge bargain on a #1 WR. However, it is pretty apparently that Mr Rooney just got tired of his run-ins with the law. Does kind of say that you definitely are replacable, doesnt it?

Now he has a sit down with the league commissioner - sounds a bit like Pacman Jones's situation a few years back. Many run-ins with the law, but no charges. After enough run-ins, Pacman got suspended. Think Roger reminded Ben of this?

This guy needs to start thinking about the situations he is in and start either making sure he doesnt put himself in those situations that he can be questioned or he needs to stop harrassing women. Either way...it is gotta stop or the Steelers or Goodell are going to do something about it.

Post Date: 21st Apr, 2010 - 6:05pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Roethlisberger meets with Goodell Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger Suspended

The NFL officially suspended Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger for six games on Wednesday for violating the league's personal conduct policy. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell will review Roethlisberger's progress before the season and will consider reducing the ban to four games. Ref. USAToday

Post Date: 21st Apr, 2010 - 10:22pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Wow only a six game suspension. I guess because formal charges are not being brought up is a good reason why it is only six games. I hope this is a good lesson for Ben.

22nd Apr, 2010 - 12:43am / Post ID: #

I would guess that it came down to his group providing alcohol for underage kids and that not being a message that the NFL nor the Steelers want to send. I know he didn't pay for the drinks (his other NFL buddy did), but he didn't stop it either and he was basically the host of the party and so goes the responsibility. Honestly, they should also suspend the NFL players that were with him and actually bought the drinks as well...that would be fair. None the less, this is a pretty stiff penalty for someone that didn't get charged with any offenses.

Rumors are that he is potentially up for trade by the Steelers. Perhaps they have had enough of him as well (the Rooney's don't put up with much...see Santonio Holmes as an example) and might be ready to move in another direction seeing as he is going to miss a third of the season.

Post Date: 22nd Apr, 2010 - 12:54am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Yeah trading him off may be a good way for them to go. I think many NFL players better start waking up and smelling the coffee. They are not above the law like they seem to feel that they are.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
22nd Apr, 2010 - 1:23am / Post ID: #

Roethlisberger meets Goodell

The Steelers are said to be looking for a Top 10 pick in the draft in compensation for Roethlisberger. I could see the Rams, Bills, Browns or Raiders biting on this trade.

Rams
Yeah, they got the 1st pick, but I really don't think they want it and would love to trade out for multiple lower picks. However, trading a #1 (which is no guarantee for stardom) for Roethlisberger, a proven NFL QB makes sense and probably would save money in the long run.

Brown
They definitely are going to take a QB with their first pick. Why not get a guy that is a proven NFL QB and not a potential star?

Bills
They need a upgrade at QB. However, they need a LOT of other things too, so a QB was a bit further down on their list.

Raiders
With his new bad boy image cemented, he would fit in pretty well with the Silver and Black. We all know they need a QB as well.

If the Steelers are really willing to let him go for a Top 10 draft pick (and that is all), I think they will find takers. The Rams, Bills and Raiders know they arent going to win this year and the suspension wouldnt scare them off. The Browns probably hope for more successs and a veteran QB would be a nice fit instead of drafting a potential QB. Plus, any team that takes him has him wrapped up for a while with the contract he signed a couple years ago. It will be fun to watch what happens to the all the hard work that has gone into predicting the draft and what teams will do if Ben shows up as a Top 10 Draft pick.

> TOPIC: Roethlisberger meets with Goodell

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,