Countries stereotypes

Countries Stereotypes - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 22nd Feb, 2010 - 10:43am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 9th Apr, 2003 - 7:47pm / Post ID: #

Countries stereotypes
A Friend

Countries stereotypes

Country stereotypes

This is just something to do. I'm wondering if people could put down there opinions, or what they re led to believe on what the people are like in whatever countries.

In Canada most people here live in igloos and have dog-sleds and are fur-traders, lumberjacks, and blubber eaters. Did I mention that winter lasts 11 months? Right now it's -5 degrees outside! We speak British English mixed with french, there's no running water, and half of us are Indians.

No seriously what's your country stereotypes?

Sponsored Links:
9th Apr, 2003 - 8:29pm / Post ID: #

stereotypes Countries

That is easy... (mind you I am only Trinidadian by birth) wink.gif

Trinidadians live on an island, they are known for their love of women, rum and beer. They hang out most of the time in parties while drinking, they speak dialect, think the world owes them a living and do their best to not be concerned about anything!

Sounds a lot like pirates huh?

Post Date: 9th Apr, 2003 - 9:29pm / Post ID: #

Countries stereotypes
A Friend

Countries stereotypes Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

At Ashley - That's right, eh?

* Puts on polar bear skin jacket and goes out to chop fire wood
Whoops!  Almost forgot to lock the igloo door. *

I live in Canada so I guess I'm related to Canadian - I am white - wear thick suits and heavy ugly clothes and speak like a princess oh yeah and I have to be good at school  and have no attitude I thinks thats all covered, oh yeah and it always snow.

There are NO houses made of ice that I know! smile.gif  

10th Apr, 2003 - 1:16am / Post ID: #

stereotypes Countries

international QUOTE (JB)
Trinidadian live on an island, they are known for their love of women, rum and beer. They hang out most of the time in parties while drinking, they speak dialect, think the world owes them a living and do their best to not be concerned about anything!

But wait a minute! wait a minute JB, that's not a stereotype about Trinidad, that's the TRUTH! 99% of the population is like that... Seriously.

Hey girls that there is always snow in Canada is almost true, isn't? How it feels to live in an igloo?

Argentina.

We are a country with 36 million of people that speak 'español' instead of 'castellano' (that's what the rest of the people think but we speak castellano of course!). That we eat meat all day long and that a typical dinner is steak, sausages, meat pie, no salad, no potatoes, only meats.

That the only good thing Argentina is known for is Maradona and Evita. The rest of the countries of Latin America think  that we believe we are the Europe of South America and that Argentinians are very snob and prideful people.

Post Date: 7th Aug, 2006 - 4:50am / Post ID: #

Countries stereotypes
A Friend

stereotypes Countries

I'm french and African so there are 2 sets of stereotypes

France

We're snobby, rich, have a friend named Pierre, eat a lot of cheese, never eat at fast food restaurants, live right beside the Eiffel tower and speaking English without an accent is only a dream to me.

The truth is, even if there are a lot more obese people in the you.S, Europeans do eat at fast food restaurants, can be very down to earth, the Eiffel tower is in the city so nobody lives by it unless they live at the mall, and I speak perfectly good English without an accent or anything.

Africa

We're poor, don't have running water, don't own a p[air of shoes, or have a decent house, don't know what t.v is and only live to feed my family rats from the backyard jungle, have a pet elephant and the only way we can go to school is if we receive a world vision donation.

Truth is most of Africa is a city and we do have shoes, electricity and money like all of the other countries. As for what you see on world vision donations and etc. Those places probably do exist, but you would never find them if you tried in Africa because 99.9 percent of the continent isn't like that at all, in fact a lot of Africans are very well off financially and live the good life.

stereo types are stupid, and a form of racial judgment but unfortunately will exist forever. We have to just accept that there will always be ignorant people out there and keep living out lives with out respectful values.

7th Aug, 2006 - 6:03pm / Post ID: #

Countries stereotypes

I don't like stereotyping either but ignorant people don't have anything better to do. French has already been done. As for Irish and Scottish they are seen as kilt wearin', bagpipe blowing, woman beatin'', drunks who love to fight. I'm also english but I can't think of any stereotyping for them right now.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 19th Feb, 2009 - 12:10am / Post ID: #

Countries stereotypes

Name: Sam

Comments: I'm from the UK, well England but apparently the UK's a country not England but people say we're posh and snobby and we talk with some stupid accent I don't know anyone that talks like that and I don't think that I ever will. Not all of us like the queen and sing rule Britannia but I do like tea!

Post Date: 22nd Feb, 2010 - 10:43am / Post ID: #

Countries stereotypes Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

Name: Skraeling

Comments: I've just read this forum as it is related to my undergraduate dissertation. What I found pretty amusing/shocking was the person a couple of posts above me saying that according to his knowledge 'Scottish and Irish people wear kilts, play bagpipes' and so on. Fair enough that is what people assume the Scots are like but we are not the same as the Irish so don't group us together. That is a pretty huge cultural/national fopaux! Both countries have rich cultural heritage but we are different - just like everyone. "We are not only because we have something in common, but perhaps chiefly because we are not them."

The person then goes on to say that he's English and can't think of any stereotypes for them! Ha! That's a stereotype in itself! Ignorant, snobbish colonisers who drink tea and love the Monarchy.

For Scottish (and when I say Scottish I'm referring to my home in the Highlands) is that we all have big ginger beards, live in caves, chase haggis, are bad tempered and constantly drunk.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Countries stereotypes

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,