Eternal Progression In The Kingdoms - Page 3 of 3

I wish this was recorded in a talk or a book - Page 3 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 1st Aug, 2010 - 5:12pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 15th May, 2010 - 5:09am / Post ID: #

Eternal Progression In The Kingdoms - Page 3

Name: Gordon

Comments: [..] Jacobimus, I think that the progression you mentioned which you see symbolically taking place in our temple ordinance representing progression from the Telestial to the Terrestial to the Celestial Kingdom applies only to those destined to inherit the Celestial Kingdom of Glory as their final judgment from God, our Heavenly Father.

The intelligence which you referred to in D & C 130:18-19, I equate with "Godlike character"; for our final judgment will be determined by our possession of it, and our eternal progression will be limited by our lack of it.

Is not this mortal life (including the spirit world prior to our resurrection) the only opportunity for us to develop faith, hope, charity or "Godlike Character" to demonstrate our faith, hope and charity by our works or the deeds done in the flesh during mortality?

Don't we really want to be in the presence of "like-minded" brothers and sisters both now and in eternity that share the same goals and aspirations that we have? And, unless we share the same goals and aspirations as our Father in Heaven, would we really want to be in His presence either?

Will we not seek out our own "comfort zone" and want this as our eternal home? Is not God's final judgment, really our own?

Sponsored Links:
8th Jun, 2010 - 5:35pm / Post ID: #

Kingdoms The Progression Eternal

There is no progression between the kingdoms but I'm not sure if there is progression within the kingdoms. Food for thought.

Post Date: 1st Aug, 2010 - 5:12pm / Post ID: #

Eternal Progression In The Kingdoms
A Friend

Eternal Progression In The Kingdoms Studies Doctrine Mormon

I wish this was recorded in a talk or a book or something so that I could give the reference, but while on my Mission, L Tom Perry had a meeting with my mission president, the area authorities & the stake presidents in the area. In that meeting I was told by one of the Stake Presidents there that Elder Perry said

international QUOTE
"We still do not know whether or not there is progression between kingdoms." 

But what I do know for sure, is that there is eternal progression in the Celestial Kingdom. Even Heavenly Father will attain a higher exaltation once the kingdom is presented to Him by Christ.
international QUOTE (Joseph Smith)
"What did Jesus do? Why; I do the things I saw my Father do when worlds come rolling into existence. My Father worked out his kingdom with fear and trembling, and I must do the same; and when I get my kingdom, I shall present it to my Father, so that he may obtain kingdom upon kingdom, and it will exalt him in glory. He will then take a higher exaltation, and I will take his place, and thereby become exalted myself. So that Jesus treads in the tracks of his Father, and inherits what God did before; and God is thus glorified and exalted in the salvation and exaltation of all his children. It is plain beyond disputation, and you thus learn some of the first principles of the Gospel, about which so much hath been said." TPJS p.347

Also, Brigham Young taught that beings cannot be stopped from progressing.

international QUOTE (Brigham Young)
"To live as I am, without progress, is not life, in fact we may say that is impossible. There is no such principle in existence, neither can there be. All organized existence is in progress, either to an endless advancement in eternal perfections, or back to dissolution.  All things that have come within the bounds of man's limited knowledge − the things he naturally understands, teach him, that there is no period, in all the eternities, wherein organized existence will become stationary, that it cannot advance in knowledge, wisdom, power, and glory.  If a man could ever arrive at the point that would put an end to the accumulation of life − the point at which he could increase no more, and advance no further, we should naturally say he commenced to decrease at the same point. Again, when he has gained the zenith of knowledge, wisdom and power, it is the point at which he begins to retrograde; his natural abilities will begin to contract, and so he will continue to decrease, until all he knew is lost in the chaos of forgetfulness. As we understand naturally, this is the conclusion we must come to, if a termination to the increase of life and the acquisition of knowledge is true.  To me, life is increase; death is the opposite.  If the endless stream of knowledge from the eternal fountain could all be drunk in by organized intelligences, so sure immortality would come to an end, and all eternity be thrown upon the retrograde path. JD 1:349 − p.350, Brigham Young, July 10, 1853

Edited Message Edited...
Persephone: Please look at how we use the Quote Tags here. When you do not use these tags source material that is not your own may appear to be yours when it is not. See our Constructive Posting Policy.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Eternal Progression In The Kingdoms

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,