Jesus Christ Cartoon In Development

Jesus Christ Cartoon Development - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 7th May, 2010 - 11:58pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

7th May, 2010 - 11:37pm / Post ID: #

Jesus Christ Cartoon In Development

What do you all think about this new cartoon in development? Do you think it is acceptable or you think it is being sacrilegious?

international QUOTE
Jesus Christ is regularly depicted as a supporting character on one of Comedy Central's staple programs, "South Park," but now he might star in his own animated series.

The network announced their programming plans for the upcoming year Thursday, and among some of the shows in the script development phase is a half-hour cartoon called "JC."

The series would be about "JC (Jesus Christ) wanting to escape his father's enormous shadow and to live life in NYC as a regular guy. A lot has changed in 2000 years and he is the ultimate fish out of water," according to a press release. "Meanwhile his all-powerful yet apathetic father would rather be playing video games than listening to JC recount his life in the city. JC is a playful take on religion and society with a sprinkle of dumb."

Sponsored Links:
7th May, 2010 - 11:58pm / Post ID: #

Development Cartoon Christ Jesus

I think this is very wrong, whether it is sacrilegious or not. Yes I would say it is, but I am more concerned with the fact they are taking a popular figure who means a lot to many people and twisting it to make money. Would you take Elvis and make a show off of him showing all his flaws and using heresy to create a shock show? Maybe you would, I still think it is wrong.

Taking a persons likeness and twisting it for a joke is one thing. But making an entire show off of it is just wrong. That being said I don't think this show would even air that long. It is going to get pretty old really fast. Everyone has already heard all the bad things, and jokes on Jesus. How far will they push it then just to stay on the air?

Really, get some actual creativeness and air something intellectual please, but why this, it is just lazy writing for a quick buck. Furthermore in todays society thats all we need, kids thinking Jesus is just a joke. The only reason people pick on christians this way is they don't strap a bomb on themselves and blow the hell out of innocents for no reason.

undecided.gif

> TOPIC: Jesus Christ Cartoon In Development

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,