Event Horizon

Event Horizon - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 16th May, 2010 - 9:28pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

16th May, 2010 - 1:37am / Post ID: #

Event Horizon

What is your review of the movie Event Horizon?

Quote from Wikipedia:

international QUOTE
In the year 2047, a signal from the starship Event Horizon is received on Earth. The ship disappeared beyond Neptune in 2040. The ship has reappeared in a decaying orbit around Neptune, and the rescue ship Lewis and Clark is dispatched. The ship is commanded by Captain Miller and carries crew members, Executive Officer Starck, the ship's pilot Smith, Peters, Engineer Justin, Rescue Tech Cooper, D.J., and the Event Horizon's designer, Doctor William Weir.

When the Lewis and Clark arrives, Dr. Weir briefs the crew that the Event Horizon was built to test an experimental gravity drive. In layman's terms, the drive would create an artificial black hole, and would use that power to bridge two points in spacetime to reduce journey time. The ship was on its initial test flight, when it vanished. Weir plays the only signal received since the ship's reappearance, spoken by the ship's captain: a series of Latin phrases embedded under screams and shouts.

I saw this film many years ago and am going to watch it again tonight. From what I remember this film is beyond disturbing. The gravity drive that they made or were researching drives the crew mad and chaos ensues. Another crew gets the distress signal out of no were and goes to investigate. Little by little the rescue team starts to put the gory puzzle pieces together.

My overall review for this film would be excellent. Very seldom does this type of movie hold up to its potential. I found this movie had just the right mixture, leaving me disorientated and fearful of what was coming next, but still wanting to know.

Sponsored Links:
16th May, 2010 - 2:06am / Post ID: #

Horizon Event

I know I saw this a long time ago but cannot remember all the details. I do remember something about it disappointed me. The concept was good but I think I had issues with how it was put together.

16th May, 2010 - 9:28pm / Post ID: #

Event Horizon Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Event Horizon is one of my favorite sci-fi horror movies. It isn't quite as awesome, I don't think, as Oliron's memory is making it out, but it isn't anywhere near as bad as 95% of the schlock (in the bad definition) of the so-called sci-fi horror that gets turned out.

Sam Neil is always creepy, "Larry" Fishburne did a nearly believable heroic captain role, very military-persona. I don't remember the rest of the cast but I'm sure there were other famous people in it.

The plot wasn't anything special in itself, rather, the way the plot went - the plot itself was different, a starship that disappeared some huge number of years ago returns with no explanation, there are myterious partial video logs suggesting it traveled through time or even beyond that, and then things start getting weird. Good, simple situation presented, the necessary occurrences force the characters into interaction and it goes from there.

It's no "Alien", but the possessed starship genre, even with this one's ridiculous Goldbergian devices and walkways, I think has its clear leader, and I think this deserves a GOOD sequel.

> TOPIC: Event Horizon

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,