Mormon? - Page 2 of 2

The first time that I recall hearing the term - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 25th Mar, 2006 - 5:50pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 10th Aug, 2005 - 6:51pm / Post ID: #

Mormon?
A Friend

Mormon? - Page 2

Before this forum, I also did not know LDS and mormons were the same. I had also always associated mormons with polygamy. I've been reading all the threads here in this section of the forum trying to get a better understanding, and there are a couple of comments in these threads that really irritate me (mainly accusatory statements made by people that may aren't members anymore) and that is why right now I'm at a point in my life that I don't want to associate with any "religion". I will be visiting some of the websites mentioned around here, just to further my understanding of LDS.

Sponsored Links:
25th Mar, 2006 - 5:50pm / Post ID: #

Mormon

The first time that I recall hearing the term 'Mormon' was when I was about 4 years old, I remember being in a launderette with my Mum, and there were as I know to be now Elders, in there.They sorted their washing out and left, and I remember my Mum commenting on how she didn't know how those 'Mormons' got their shirts so white! she sad they always had the whitest shirts she had ever seen laugh.gif
For years later whilst growing up, whenever I heard the term 'Mormon' I always associated it to clean white shirts!
Years later, I spent quite a few years as a member of the LDS church, which I had realized a few years earlier that they were the correct name for 'Mormons'.
Most people just called me a 'Mormon' which I didn't find offensive, but on one occasion, somebody who was a supposed friend of my husbands moved away from standing next to me with the comment " I'm not standing near her- she's probably got hundreds of husbands, and I'll probably be targeted next"
It is amazing how people make assumptions, and jump to conclusions without checking the facts.
Although I'm not a member of the Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints any more, I remember my time there fondly, and the people that I made friends with and associated with there, were by far some of the most honest and caring people that I have ever come across.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Mormon?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,