Christian Science

Christian Science - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 13th May, 2006 - 9:29am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

15th Feb, 2003 - 6:19pm / Post ID: #

Christian Science

How much do you know about the Christian Science Groups? Do you think their mixture of science and prayer healing is a correct method of divine development or psychological self-healing?

From Deseret News:

CHRISTIAN SCIENCE HEALING

"Solutions Through Prayer" hangs out there like a promise too good to be true.
The sign is being readied for the window of an otherwise nondescript 200 South
office building. It is designed to beckon at least a thought from passers-by
about whether they believe prayer can heal.
https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...31522%2C00.html

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Jun, 2003 - 8:19am / Post ID: #

Christian Science
A Friend

Science Christian

I think that God can do anything.

I think to sit back and pray for healing when GOD has provided us with brilliant doctors and blessed us with cures for things is wrong.

It reminds me of the people who used the snakes, and prayed God would save them from being bit and dying from the poison.  God gave us brains, we are to use it. Prayer is the utmost important action one can take..... but we are to get on board the lifeboat instead of waiting for God to just miraculously lift us out of the ocean.

I am for peoples rights, but I am glad the law is passed that Children who are in need of a blood transfusion are required by law to receive one, even if the parents do not agree.

I spoke to a doctor one day (he was an ER doc) he said it was very hard to see women who bled to much in delivery refuse a transfusion and die.

There was even a man who came in and had etched in his skin no transfusion, he of course died as well sad.gif

I admit I do not know much about the religion..... but that issue does not line up with scripture, IMO

21st Jun, 2003 - 10:32am / Post ID: #

Christian Science Revealed Bible The

I am for peoples rights, but I am glad the law is passed that Children who are in need of a blood transfusion are required by law to receive one, even if the parents do not agree.

There is a law for that now, I did not know that. Is that a federal or state law?

21st Jun, 2003 - 2:13pm / Post ID: #

Science Christian

It must be an state law, I never heard about a federal law really about this issue. Although it would be great, it would save so many lives.

Post Date: 21st Jun, 2003 - 2:29pm / Post ID: #

Christian Science
A Friend

Science Christian

I'm in Texas.... we count as Federal----hahaha.
I am kidding.

Actually, I am not sure. I did not ask the doctor that question...... it could be just Mandatory here (in our state).

I would think it would be an issue in most states.

13th May, 2006 - 9:29am / Post ID: #

Christian Science

I believe in the power of prayer, but I don't believe in basing your whole religious way of thinking to replace medical attention, with prayer,I think what I am trying to say, is that prayer and medical attention should work together.

Regarding the point that was made earlier regarding blood transfusions and children, I don't think that a law has been made (in the UK) to ensure that children receive a blood transfusion, regardless of their parents belief in it, but I do know, that it has been common to have had a Court order placing children into the local authority's care (Social services) whilst they have had a blood transfusion, then had the order removed once the blood transfusion has been done, thus removing any religious conflict decision from the parents, and at the same time ensuring the wellbeing of the child.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Christian Science

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,