Doctrinal Changes - Where Does That Leave Me?

Doctrinal Leave Me - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 6th Jul, 2012 - 7:02pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

13th Aug, 2010 - 4:15pm / Post ID: #

Doctrinal Changes - Where Does That Leave Me?

Yes, it is very worry some. A couple of weeks ago, I visited a Deseret book store. They had a BOM 1830 edition and identified that against the 1981 changes. If my memory serves me right they identified 900 changes / corrections/ clarifications and stated that 200 involved major doctrinal matters. I discussed this with several members and they just blew it off. WE follow the prophet! OK where does that leave me?
Some of these doctrinal ones can be very controversial if one compares the early brethren's believes with today's positions. And in that context, a simple change in todays believes, is a major screw up when looking at it from the early believes point of view.
For example all the early church members untill 1900 believes in the Adam-God doctrine. That means that there are Eloheim-Jehovah-Michael AND Jesus Christ. WOW!
And in the early endowments and lectures at the veil confirms this. (Yes, I am aware of Bruce R.McConkie's statement) So, if a statement in the BOM then is being changed from, Lamb" to "Jehovah" then in todays doctrinal believes, that is not a problem at all but in the eyes of the early believers (Joseph Smith/Brigham Young.John Taylor/Pratt boys/Wooddruff/Joseph F.Smith/ etc They would seriously object.

We all know about the other temple changes and it always is to react to the public. We need to stand up for what we believe rather than selling our believes down the drain. I am proud to be a Mormon and very capable to defend my believes. It was awesome awhile ago to hear Pres Holland talk in conference about the Godhead. It was about time.

Sponsored Links:
26th Sep, 2010 - 3:55am / Post ID: #

Me Leave That Where - Doctrinal

international QUOTE (Robert9876)
We need to stand up for what we believe rather than selling our believes down the drain.

I never responded to this Thread I guess because some of the things you mentioned we cover in depth in other Threads but the above snippet caught my attention from reading here again. My question to you is... What are you defining as "stand up"?

6th Jul, 2012 - 7:02pm / Post ID: #

Doctrinal Changes - Where Does That Leave Me? Studies Doctrine Mormon

The way I see it is things change and along with it the policy changes. Eternal principles never change and we have to separate the difference to see the big picture.

> TOPIC: Doctrinal Changes - Where Does That Leave Me?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,