Buenos Aires Argentina North Mission - Page 2 of 2

Elder Tanabe, who are you looking for in Loma - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 11th Oct, 2007 - 11:14am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
25th Dec, 2006 - 8:00pm / Post ID: #

Buenos Aires Argentina North Mission - Page 2

Gaucho, I read the whole 5 files you have on that site and looked at the pictures, my heart goes to all these people you have met during this trip. It was a wonderful and spiritual experience and brought lots of "recuerdos", the people...the place...the challenges. Some of those stories are so sad, they brought tears to my eyes.

Actually some time ago I checked in the Buenos Aires North Mission web site a message that David left about these three missionaries, of course I had no idea that you was one of them! His message touched me because I could feel the need of love and fellowshipping needed and it strengthens my testimony about Home and Visiting Teaching.

There is no doubt in my mind that the reason the Work of the Lord have progressed so much in South America is because of the people, they are very humble in both temporally and spiritually and when they give (as you experienced) they do not give from what they don't eat or use but they give from the only things they have...just like the widow's mite.

It was very touching to hear your trip to Mar del Plata, the blessing of this sister who had a stroke, this man who lost his wife and was never baptized even though more than 200 missionaries tried to...so many more. Some of them reminded me of a lot of people I have met through the years.

Thanks for the "recuerdos",
LDS

Reconcile Edited: LDS_forever on 25th Dec, 2006 - 8:02pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 27th Dec, 2006 - 1:02am / Post ID: #

Buenos Aires Argentina North Mission
A Friend

Mission North Argentina Aires Buenos

Thanks LDS,

It was truly a great experience for me to see so many friends after so many years. We never thought when we headed down there that we would find as many people as we did. The line between super active and totally inactive is much smaller than I ever imagined.

As an update, I've been receiving regular emails from David, Victor, Ruben and the Contreras family. I have not heard from Raul, but from a phone call that Victor made to him, he is softening very much in his stance toward the church. Victor was not with us when we visited Raul but he recognized a photo of him. Raul served in the Rosario mission and had been to Victor's house in Entre Rios.

Ruben has been attending church and wants to get baptized. David too is progressing and working on getting his wife to church with him. I got a phone call from the Contreeras family and was able to speak with Hna. Contreras who made me promise to return and visit them again.

All of this makes me want to serve a mission with my wife some day. ( As long as it is Argentina).

The people of Argentina are tan amable. Both members and non members. We norteamericanos are far behind the Argentine people when it comes to loving our neighbors.

27th Dec, 2006 - 1:21am / Post ID: #

Buenos Aires Argentina North Mission Studies Doctrine Mormon

Those are great news! You looked so happy on those pictures, it must be the parrillada that I see was the meal of choice. laugh.gif

The Mission have changed a lot as you can well see, but the Spirit remains the same.

Post Date: 11th Oct, 2007 - 7:15am / Post ID: #

Buenos Aires Argentina North Mission
A Friend

Page 2 Mission North Argentina Aires Buenos

I served in the Loma Hermosa Ward in January of 2002 and I'm looking for some members there. Please help me find some of them.

11th Oct, 2007 - 11:14am / Post ID: #

Mission North Argentina Aires Buenos

Elder Tanabe, who are you looking for in Loma Hermosa? I may be able to update you a little bit since my family and I spent six months over there in 2005.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Buenos Aires Argentina North Mission

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,