Vatican Bank

Vatican Bank - Studies of Catholicism - Posted: 22nd Sep, 2010 - 4:12am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Sued for profiting from a Nazi puppet regime - Investigated by Italians
Post Date: 19th Apr, 2005 - 11:44pm / Post ID: #

Vatican Bank

9th Circuit OKs Suit Against Vatican Over Holocaust

Just in time for the picking of a new pope, the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals decided Monday that Holocaust survivors can pursue the Vatican Bank for profiting from a Nazi puppet regime.
Ref. https://biz.yahoo.com/law/050419/013ad13cd9...6f758.html?.v=1

What are your thoughts on this and do you think that the Vatican really had a 'hand' in gaining something from the atrocities of WWII?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 20th Apr, 2005 - 11:36am / Post ID: #

Vatican Bank
A Friend

Bank Vatican

While I empathies with the victims of the holocaust, I don't think this is the right battle ground to fight. One of the lines really stuck out to me:

Plaintiffs allege the defendants "profited from the genocidal acts of the Croatian Ustasha political regime," which was installed by the Nazis during World War II, according to the opinion.

If it is only an opinion, then how can this lawsuit have a leg to stand on? I truly hope the evidence in this case is more concrete than this. Because if it is not, then this case is a waste of time and money in the courts.

21st Apr, 2005 - 10:44am / Post ID: #

Vatican Bank Catholicism Studies

If it is only an opinion, then how can this lawsuit have a leg to stand on?

"Opinion" is just a legal term used to refer to what the judge(s) write up as an explanation for their decision. It doesn't mean "opinion" in the traditional sense of the word.

Post Date: 21st Sep, 2010 - 4:57pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Bank Vatican

Vatican Bank Investigation

Vatican Bank being investigated for possible violations of money-laundering regulations, Bank of Italy tells CNN.

Post Date: 22nd Sep, 2010 - 4:12am / Post ID: #

Bank Vatican

Vatican "Perplexed" at Bank Investigation [2010-09-21]
Catholicism Related News

Affirms Confidence in Directors of Institute for the Works of Religion
Source: ZENIT RSS-Newsfeed

> TOPIC: Vatican Bank

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,