The Mormon Prophet Said So, Is That Enough? - Page 26 of 33

Are you saying prophets are infallible? They - Page 26 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 19th Aug, 2014 - 1:18pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 33 pgs.  22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30  ...Latest (33) »

Are Mormons meant to follow blindly? We may say no, but if you disagree what do you do? Pray UNTIL you believe? Should we believe that all that is written and said by the Modern Prophets is correct and infallible? If so, then why do we have to pray about it? Is it for us to believe what they say or really to find out if that is what we ought to be doing? Controversial Mormon Issue.
The Mormon Prophet Said So, Is That Enough? Related Information to The Mormon Prophet Said So, Is That Enough?
Post Date: 26th May, 2014 - 8:55am / Post ID: #

The Mormon Prophet Said So, Is That Enough?
A Friend

The Mormon Prophet Said So, Is That Enough? - Page 26

Would god allow a prophet to lead his people astray? This has be brought up in other threads. I find the fact that some (I'm talking about member exclusively) have such a distrust prophets teachings not corroborated in scripture disturbing. What do you think? Is the word of the prophet the word of god?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 27th May, 2014 - 8:23pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Enough That So Prophet Mormon The

international QUOTE (Happy_LDS)

So basically you believe that when the Prophet speaks he is always right? In few words, do you believe he is infallibly as long as he holds that position?
when he is acting as a prophet and when he is not contradicting scripture I believe that if you believe he is a true prophet and you sustain him as such you are in no position to question what he says. And you are always free to pray and receive personal revelation about the revelations. Personally I believe that if you are a faithful member that's [kind of] like going to mom after dad told you to do something.

28th May, 2014 - 3:48pm / Post ID: #

The Mormon Prophet Said So, Is That Enough? Studies Doctrine Mormon

EAG, what you said contradicts itself and at the same time does not answer the question.

28th May, 2014 - 6:48pm / Post ID: #

Page 26 Enough That So Prophet Mormon The

international QUOTE

So basically you believe that when the Prophet speaks he is always right?

Yes when acting as the prophet.

international QUOTE

In few words, do you believe he is infallibly as long as he holds that position?

Yes when he is acting as the prophet. Source 4

Post Date: 17th Aug, 2014 - 12:33pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Enough That So Prophet Mormon The

I find it rather sad that we today view the saying of the past prophets as pure speculation. :-[ When the Saints of their time heard their prophet speak I know they didn't say:"Oh well, that's his opinion, it's just pure speculation" What would of happen to the children of Israel if they viewed the saying of Moses as such?

So why is that we can look back at what those Saints felt was testimony from God on certain doctrines; and in our hearts say:"Oh well, that was then, and we don't believe that any more, plus it was probably pure speculation"? What gives us the right to judge the testimonies of others? When we say things like that, not only are we undermining the faith of those who went before, but we are also undermining our own faith.

Those who speak such folly are also those who cry 'Follow the prophet', yet they themselves deny the power of the testimony which allows us to do so. How about we obey the commandments, and worry about purifying ourselves. Which will in time make us worthy of the Spirit and the testimony of Jesus Christ. Then maybe we will view things spiritually and not carnally.

Post Date: 17th Aug, 2014 - 7:33pm / Post ID: #

Name: Brother Fort

Comments: Possibly because some of it IS their opinion and they weren't speaking as a prophet but just as any of us at the time.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 18th Aug, 2014 - 6:31pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Mormon Prophet So That Enough - Page 26

Sorry, I should of clarified that I was talking about things mentioned in General Conference. What about Brigham Young's Adam-God doctrine? Many say it was his own opinion, but he clearly states numerously that it was revelation. There are also many other doctrines spoken of in general conference that many buck at, and say: "Well it wasn't sustained by a vote". Well, did we not all sustain the prophet, do we not all claim testimony of the Doctrine and Covenants, in which it states that when ever a prophet is speaking under the direction of the Spirit, that we should take it as though God had spoken it Himself.

19th Aug, 2014 - 1:18pm / Post ID: #

The Mormon Prophet So That Enough Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 26

Are you saying prophets are infallible? They certainly aren't you know what am I saying? And thats why we have to sustain whatever revelations they may want to present.

> TOPIC: The Mormon Prophet Said So, Is That Enough?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,