Hygine In Administering

Hygine Administering - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 17th Nov, 2003 - 6:07pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
11th May, 2003 - 5:49pm / Post ID: #

Hygine In Administering

Hygine In Administering

Sometimes I look at the Brethren that are put in charge of blessing and passing the sacrament. I often wonder if they take the necessary steps to assure that no one gets sick from their unwashed hands. I often see Brethren however well intentioned, shake hands with people and then brake bread. Holding the hymnbook and then braking the bread is also a source of germs. Alcohol or Sanitary wipes should be available for the people blessing the Sacrament. What other measures can be taken?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th Aug, 2003 - 1:31pm / Post ID: #

Hygine In Administering
A Friend

Administering Hygine

[quote]Hygine In Administering

Sometimes I look at the Brethren that are put in charge of blessing and passing the sacrament. I often wonder if they take the necessary steps to assure that no one gets sick from their unwashed hands. I often see Brethren however well intentioned, shake hands with people and then brake bread. Holding the hymnbook and then braking the bread is also a source of germs. Alcohol or Sanitary wipes should be available for the people blessing the Sacrament. What other measures can be taken?[/quote]

In our Ward the Priests set to bless the sacrament they use alchohol wipes after the opening hymn to cleanse their hands... precautions of a similar nature are taken when setting up the sacrament table...

After thinking about these precautions not being taken it is easy to see why the pharisees insisted that people wash to the elbow before handling food... ;D

5th Aug, 2003 - 3:06pm / Post ID: #

Hygine In Administering Studies Doctrine Mormon

Yes JB, definetly like Wanlorn said, they should use alcohol wipes or something. Aren't they available for use here in the Church in Trinidad???? if it's not so, I may  talk to the Branch President about it or make a suggestion to the District to talk about because it is very important the hygiene in all things.

Post Date: 8th Aug, 2003 - 7:58pm / Post ID: #

Hygine In Administering
A Friend

Administering Hygine

IT  IS IMPORTANT TO WIPE YOUR HANDS BEFORE BREAKING BREAD AND ADMINISTERING THE SACRAMENT .ALSO IF ONE OF THE PRIEST OR ELDERS BLESSING THE SACRAMENT SHOULD COUGH I BELIEVE THEY SHOULD USE THE WIPES AGAIN BECAUSE YOU ARE IN FULL VIEW OF THE CONGREGATION AND ITS ALSO A HEALTH FACTOR

8th Aug, 2003 - 11:56pm / Post ID: #

Administering Hygine

[quote]IT  IS IMPORTANT TO WIPE YOUR HANDS BEFORE BREAKING BREAD AND ADMINISTERING THE SACRAMENT .ALSO IF ONE OF THE PRIEST OR ELDERS BLESSING THE SACRAMENT SHOULD COUGH I BELIEVE THEY SHOULD USE THE WIPES AGAIN BECAUSE YOU ARE IN FULL VIEW OF THE CONGREGATION AND ITS ALSO A HEALTH FACTOR [/quote]

True Ashes, but have you seen this happening in Trinidad? (Priests cleaning their hands with wipes and stuff before partaking the Sacrament). I have never seen before :smile.gif

11th Aug, 2003 - 10:14am / Post ID: #

Hygine In Administering

[quote] I have never seen before [/quote]
It use to happen often here. There is no written instructions on it other than to wash your hands before. However if the person blessing washes his hands in the restroom and then shakes everyones hand on the way to the sacrament table then it really defeats the purpose of washing hands in the first place. By extension, holding the hymn book is just as bad. Wipes is a very good idea and also helps the members be confident in the health safety procedures the priesthood has in its' duties.

[quote] After thinking about these precautions not being taken it is easy to see why the pharisees insisted that people wash to the elbow before handling food... [/quote]
Excellent point.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 17th Nov, 2003 - 4:33pm / Post ID: #

Hygine In Administering
A Friend

Hygine Administering

I just called and asked my Branch President and he said that the sanitary wipes are provided by the Church Distribution Center along with the sacrament trays, and cups.  That they are to be used prior to the breaking of the bread while the Sacrament hymn is being sung by the congregation.  I have also seen the Young Men in the kitchen washing their hands and then donning surgical gloves before putting the small cups into the trays and filling said cups with water.  Again the surgical gloves are provided by the Church Distribution Center.  Perhaps the reason they use the surgical gloves is because the Branch President before our present one was a Dr. and he just might have started that.

17th Nov, 2003 - 6:07pm / Post ID: #

Hygine Administering Mormon Doctrine Studies

O.K.  So the priesthood use sanitary wipes before breaking the bread.  Then I sit in row 2 with my grandson, who picks his nose or sucks his thumb, or puts his hands in his mouth, etc., and then touches two or three pieces of bread before finally settling on one that looks good to him!   :cp

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Hygine In Administering

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,