Hygine In Administering - Page 2 of 3

Last Sunday I almost didn't take the - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 7th Jun, 2010 - 6:09pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 17th Nov, 2003 - 10:25pm / Post ID: #

Hygine In Administering
A Friend

Hygine In Administering - Page 2

[quote]Then I sit in row 2 with my grandson, who picks his nose or sucks his thumb, or puts his hands in his mouth, etc., and then touches two or three pieces of bread before finally settling on one that looks good to him! [/quote]

yuck! tongue.gif
Perhaps helping a child who does this by taking a piece and putting it into his mouth until he learns not to touch and discard, might be the answer.  Also remember that it has been blessed.

I'm sure that a few child germs aren't going to hurt anyone.  

Sponsored Links:
18th Nov, 2003 - 12:31am / Post ID: #

Administering Hygine

:laugh: How graphic can one be?

It is true. Once you touch the bread it in fact becomes 'infected' with whatever 'disease' you have. Some people I have seen will break it too. For instance they pick up a large piece of bread, brake it in half and then drop the other piece in the tray.

18th Nov, 2003 - 12:36pm / Post ID: #

Hygine In Administering Studies Doctrine Mormon

[quote]Perhaps helping a child who does this by taking a piece and putting it into his mouth until he learns not to touch and discard, might be the answer.  Also remember that it has been blessed. [/quote]

I was exaggerating to make a point.  Also, I tried to inject some humor.   wink.gif

The point is even after they wipe their hands, all of the members touch it as they take their piece.  It isn't realistic to think that no one's fingers bump up against a piece of bread next to the one they are taking.  Since the bread is served all bunched up on a flat surface, we need to realistic and realize that it is not going to be 100% sanitary.  It is my hope that the Savior somewhat protects us in this area.

18th Nov, 2003 - 12:46pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Administering Hygine

I believe so. I believe the catholics have it so that the person comes up for it rather than it being passed to them, maybe that is the most hygienic way? I almost feel/sound like a scribe nit picking at the law wink.gif All in good discussion.

18th Nov, 2003 - 1:23pm / Post ID: #

Administering Hygine

Well, the people passing the host in a Catholic Mass don't wash their hands first.  Also, many Catholic churches also offer the wine and everyone just drinks from the same Chalice, so that isn't exactly sanitary either.

18th Nov, 2003 - 3:35pm / Post ID: #

Hygine In Administering

My mention of the way the catholics handle it was not meant as a ridicule towards them, I was just saying that the idea of them coming for it and being handed it rather than them placing the hand in the tray was more hygenic, but  alas, I feel funny deliberating this topic.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
18th Nov, 2003 - 3:47pm / Post ID: #

Hygine Administering - Page 2

[quote]My mention of the way the catholics handle it was not meant as a ridicule towards them,[/quote]

No, I understood that.  I am just trying to explain that it isn't all that much more sanitary when they do it either.  During my 12 ½ years of inactivity, I became Catholic so I have experience with this personally.  I drank the wine from the same chalice as others.  The wine portion of communion is optional and I knew people who wouldn't take the wine because of this.  I always took the position that I wasn't going to be allowed to get sick by taking communion, because the Lord would protect me.  Maybe I was naive?

7th Jun, 2010 - 6:09pm / Post ID: #

Hygine Administering Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 2

Last Sunday I almost didn't take the sacrament but I prayed and asked the Lord to bless it because the water tray was practically grey/black. It has not been cleaned properly for ages. It was disgusting. I think there should be more supervision concerning this you know what am I saying? We're speaking about health here.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Hygine In Administering

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,