Visiting Teaching & Home Teaching - Page 16 of 23

That is strange Farseer, did it actually say - Page 16 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 9th May, 2004 - 10:36am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 23 pgs.  12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20  ...Latest (23) »
Have You Done Yours?
Post Date: 28th Feb, 2004 - 12:09am / Post ID: #

Visiting Teaching & Home Teaching
A Friend

Visiting Teaching & Home Teaching - Page 16

QUOTE (RCollester3 @ 26-Feb 04, 10:43 PM)
As to why sisters are not set apart for this calling. Setting apart and Ordaining both imply a delegation of Priesthood keys of authority. Both brothers and sisters are supposed to be doing basically the same work with Home teaching and visiting teaching. But sisters do that with the authority of faith and under auspices of "gifts of the spirit".

Thank you so much RC for this explanation.

RC said on 27 Feb 11:15 pm~
but I would like to share a story with you about home teaching.

What a wonderful story! Thank you for sharing that.

After months of personal prayer, I went to my Branch President and told him that I haven't seen my VT/HT. They are man and wife. They have now been coming for the last two months. Haven't yet had a lesson or a prayer, but I made a promise to myself, that this coming month, when they come that I am going to ask about the spiritual message and for a prayer.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Feb, 2004 - 6:18am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Teaching Home and Teaching Visiting

AGENE said,

They have now been coming for the last two months. Haven't yet had a lesson or a prayer, but I made a promise to myself, that this coming month, when they come that I am going to ask about the spiritual message and for a prayer.

boxing.gif You go get'em girl. They are your blessings, you are intitled to them. Step up and claim them.

RC3

Post Date: 8th Apr, 2004 - 12:17am / Post ID: #

Visiting Teaching & Home Teaching Studies Doctrine Mormon

"No matter how good an excuse may be, no reason for failure or defection is
ever so satisfying to ourselves or to anyone else as is actually doing what
we should do, or delivering on the date that something is due. Excuses are
at best a second-choice substitute.

"It is a surpassing quality in life to follow through, to keep commitments,
to keep the commandments, and no matter how ingenious our excuses are,
they don't cancel commitments, or justify our failures, or relieve us from
answering before the highest bar, unless they are founded on real, valid
reasons--and not merely on our comfort or convenience."

(Richard L. Evans, From the Crossroads [1955], 20)

7th May, 2004 - 12:01am / Post ID: #

Page 16 Teaching Home and Teaching Visiting

"The gospel of Jesus Christ is the way of peace. To the extent we follow
it
and incorporate it in our lives, to this extent will we be blessed and
prospered
. What a wonderful thing it is to be involved in this glorious
work. Let us rejoice in our great opportunity. Let us serve with gladness."

(Gordon B. Hinckley, "The Condition of the Church," Ensign, May 2003, 6)

7th May, 2004 - 11:31am / Post ID: #

Teaching Home and Teaching Visiting

Great quote JB. While I am still not the best, by a long shot, I have found great satisfaction from serving my families. My son, who is 17, has also grown to love and cherish them.

I have quite a long way to go to become a great home teacher, but the opportunity is certainly there to learn and improve by doing it.

7th May, 2004 - 5:49pm / Post ID: #

I look forward doing my Visiting Teaching every month, if for some reason, I cannot visit all the sisters on my list, I get such a strange feeling in my heart, like a deep sadness....
I'm glad your son Nighthawk enjoys doing his Home Teaching, I think this is such a great opportunity for the Youth, to see about other's people needs and take care of them. That's exactly what I want to do with my son, let him serve others and get the feeling of gratitude that we all need, there are so many opportunities in the Church to serve and outside too. I remember reading that Visiting and Home Teaching is an act that could be compared with the Atonement of Christ. Both acts require to forget about yourself and do things for others without expecting anything in return.

Reconcile Edited: LDS_forever on 7th May, 2004 - 5:50pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
9th May, 2004 - 5:36am / Post ID: #

Visiting Teaching & Home Teaching - Page 16

Well, I got an unusual call to serve as Visiting Teacher. A little slip came in the mail today in an envelope addressed to me. On it were the names and contact information for three women. There is no companion listed for me.

That seemed kind of odd to me, but I'm happy to visit these sisters and do what I can. I love visiting teaching! I'm looking forward to making new friends here.

Roz

9th May, 2004 - 10:36am / Post ID: #

Visiting Teaching & Home Teaching Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 16

That is strange Farseer, did it actually say 'visit teach' them? Visiting teaching is actually not a calling but an assignment and to accomplish it you must have a companion. The RS Presidency should also give you at least some details as to why they assigned you to these Sisters so you can be better prepared when you go to visit.

> TOPIC: Visiting Teaching & Home Teaching

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,