Visiting Teaching & Home Teaching - Page 18 of 23

I am not surprised, I'm pretty blessed - Page 18 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 23rd May, 2004 - 6:44pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 23 pgs.  14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22  ...Latest (23) »
Have You Done Yours?
12th May, 2004 - 2:18am / Post ID: #

Visiting Teaching & Home Teaching - Page 18

the Sister who sent the names to you just might have forgotten to type in your companions name

Actually, where the companion's name would be, it says "none." smile.gif

Still have to find a time to call -- tonight is Enrighment Night and I missed half already so am staying home.
Roz

Sponsored Links:
19th May, 2004 - 3:34am / Post ID: #

Teaching Home and Teaching Visiting

I spoke to the VT leader and she gave me some info on my assigned sisters. They were assigned at random -- apparently there have been a lot of move ins and move outs in the ward and some shuffling has been going on.

So I've made the calls to see if I can visit this weekend. I never thought I would have so much trouble reaching the sisters to visit? I've always made sure to return calls from my VT and arrange a time to meet. Ah, well. This new ward is very different...

Roz

22nd May, 2004 - 2:28pm / Post ID: #

Visiting Teaching & Home Teaching Studies Doctrine Mormon

Keep trying Roz, you never know how much your sisters need you. Right now I'm visiting another sister who has also cancer, I visited another sister in the past who had the same dicease and she passed away. cry.gif

22nd May, 2004 - 9:39pm / Post ID: #

Page 18 Teaching Home and Teaching Visiting

I find it amazing how many really active sisters make it difficult to be visited. Not only do we have a responsibility to visit our sisters, we have a responsibility to try and accomodate our VT when they want to come see us. It is not always convenient for me to make time for my own VT, but I recognize how important this program is and so I try to help them be successful in it too.

22nd May, 2004 - 10:01pm / Post ID: #

Teaching Home and Teaching Visiting

Tena, that is actually a very good point. Knowing how hard it is to get a dedicated home teacher one would think that if yours does call you would be fighting to get them to come. I know because members often complain about not being visited. I was recently saying that besides being a Church related visit people in general should be courteous (this has nothing do with spirituality, but manners), for instance, you call, make an appointment, and then when you get there the person is not there and later they give you an excuse that is so lame it is not even worth repeating. Now, if you are not interested, just say so, or cancel the appointment, that is manners... after all it is big people coming to your home, people with their own families to see about, not girl scouts selling brownies.

23rd May, 2004 - 12:07am / Post ID: #

Visiting Teaching & Home Teaching

I totally agree with you JB, maybe some less active members as it happen often do not want to offend anybody and they rather to not say they don't want to be visited. But they are wasting the time of the HT and VT. It is a matter of manners as you well said rather than how long have you been in the Church.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd May, 2004 - 4:00pm / Post ID: #

Visiting Teaching & Home Teaching - Page 18

Manners, indeed. When I called the sisters to let them know I was sick and could not visit yesterday, two of the three were surprised -- like they did not realize we had an appointment. Huh? We just spoke last week...? How could they forget already? I wonder if they had planned on being home at the appointed time? Ah well.... another day.

Roz

23rd May, 2004 - 6:44pm / Post ID: #

Visiting Teaching & Home Teaching Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 18

I am not surprised, I'm pretty blessed the sisters that I make appointments with they always do the best effort to be there, I have no problem expect for one who is less actives, lives in an unsafe are and far from where I live, but I plan to take a couple of Home Teachers with me next time. smile.gif

> TOPIC: Visiting Teaching & Home Teaching

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,