Visiting Teaching & Home Teaching - Page 9 of 23

Ok, I'm still sorta new with the VT - Page 9 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 13th Dec, 2003 - 9:24pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 23 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  ...Latest (23) »
Have You Done Yours?
27th Nov, 2003 - 2:11am / Post ID: #

Visiting Teaching & Home Teaching - Page 9

I'm putting together a little "stress reliever" package for Christmas for those two!! LOL Bath oil, vanilla scented candles, and CDs of soothing music or nature sounds -- hopefully, they can find a few quiet moments to enjoy it.

That's a great idea! smile.gif It's nice from you wink.gif. I need some of those 'stress relievers' smile.gif

Sponsored Links:
3rd Dec, 2003 - 2:41pm / Post ID: #

Teaching Home and Teaching Visiting

Ah, so this is where you got your idea from LDS? I was wondering why you decided to do all those things for the Sisters you visit. Seems like this board is even giving ideas to practical visiting teaching - cool.

3rd Dec, 2003 - 5:46pm / Post ID: #

Visiting Teaching & Home Teaching Studies Doctrine Mormon

JB laugh.gif actually yes, Farseer inspired me smile.gif when she said she put all this package for the sisters I said to myself, wait a minute! it would be so cool if my companion and I can go to the sisters and do it ourselves! it would be so much fun!!!!! smile.gif

@Farseer, sorry I stole your idea wink.gif thank you!

Reconcile Edited: LDS_forever on 3rd Dec, 2003 - 5:48pm

5th Dec, 2003 - 4:35am / Post ID: #

Page 9 Teaching Home and Teaching Visiting

@Farseer, sorry I stole your idea  thank you!
It's not stealing -- we SHARE our ideas here! I'm glad to have given a bit of inspiration -- your sisters will love it. I'm just putting the bows on the baskets now smile.gif Have fun!

Roz

5th Dec, 2003 - 6:11pm / Post ID: #

Teaching Home and Teaching Visiting

Hopefully, I will visit the sisters next week if possible and I will update here how everything went. smile.gif

Post Date: 13th Dec, 2003 - 12:59am / Post ID: #

Visiting Teaching & Home Teaching
A Friend

QUOTE (LDS_forever @ 10-Sep 02, 11:09 PM)
It's very hard to get the sisters and brothers in the Church to do their visiting and home teaching. If there is someone out there who have suggestions would be great if you can post it in this thread. Thanks! biggrin.gif

We have something in Guyana called a Family Fun Evening (FFE) which is normally held on Thursdays in the Kitty and other areas. Each area where there are numbers of LDS members is divided into groups of 6 persons. They meet each week or fortnightly to have spiritual food, drinks and eats and a cultural event, even games.

This creates a fun, friendly environment which leads to an increase in HT/VT. Friends help friends. Create the friendship and the HT/VT will follow smoothly. It takes a FFE Coordinator to ensure that each group is having it's FFE.

Hope that this comment helped. WB

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
13th Dec, 2003 - 6:06pm / Post ID: #

Visiting Teaching & Home Teaching - Page 9

We have something in Guyana called a Family Fun Evening (FFE) which is normally held on Thursdays in the Kitty and other areas

Hi Peter. We have the same thing here in Trinidad but I do find that the members and missionaries waste too much time in this kind of 'fun' activities and they forget about the poor, the needy and the one who may be ill. I can give you several examples of this that I see constantly. Is okay to have fun and socialize but when these things are replacing the real important activities like home and visiting teaching, then in my opinion is wrong and it doesn't serve any purpose. At least, this is how I see it happening in Trinidad.

Post Date: 13th Dec, 2003 - 9:24pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Visiting Teaching & Home Teaching Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 9

Ok, I'm still sorta new with the VT and I am sorta left with a few questions. I was talking with my companion and she was telling me that phone calls to the sisters on our list count as a 'visit' or if we see them in like Walmart or something, she counts it as a 'visit'.

Is it me, or does this just not sound right? I thought that VT were supposed to go out to the home and visit with the sisters on their list?

Plus, I have yet to go out to visit with anyone as of yet. My companion is quite younger than me and very busy with her college studies, but when I call to find out what her schedule is, she says, 'it's sorta busy right now' and tells me that she'll get back to me on when we can go out to do our visits. But she never gets back to me. I don't want to sound like I'm complaining about my companion, but I am left wondering what I should do. undecided.gif

Is it possible for me to do my visits alone? But with me never being out to visit anyone yet, I am really at a loss as to what to do or say while I'm visiting. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thx.

> TOPIC: Visiting Teaching & Home Teaching

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,