Visiting Teaching & Home Teaching - Page 11 of 23

Unlike home teaching, if a letter or phone - Page 11 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 2nd Jan, 2004 - 4:46pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 23 pgs.  7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15  ...Latest (23) »
Have You Done Yours?
Post Date: 15th Dec, 2003 - 2:47am / Post ID: #

Visiting Teaching & Home Teaching
A Friend

Visiting Teaching & Home Teaching - Page 11

Do you know what I found out today? That my VT have put down that they have 'Visited' with me every month for the last 4 years! This isn't true. I wonder what they consider a 'Visit'? Seeing me in Church, because no one has called me, or sent a letter nor have I seen them in the local stores. Ah Well, when I do my VT I will just make sure that I have the Spirit with me, 'cause the spiritual part will be for me too.

Thanks for your encouragement, FarSeer and LDS. I would love to have all of you closer than the internet. Know what I mean??

Sponsored Links:
1st Jan, 2004 - 3:28am / Post ID: #

Teaching Home and Teaching Visiting

That my VT have put down that they have 'Visited' with me every month for the last 4 years! This isn't true. I wonder what they consider a 'Visit'?

Is it that they say they made contact with you or is it that the person marking the list assumes (without asking) that they do visit teach? Either way it is very sad.

1st Jan, 2004 - 2:08pm / Post ID: #

Visiting Teaching & Home Teaching Studies Doctrine Mormon

I would love to have all of you closer than the internet. Know what I mean??
I sure do, AGene smile.gif But one of the things I love about the internet is that I get to meet wonderful people I would otherwise not have met! And I get to "socialize" without leaving my daughter with a babysitter too often smile.gif

I do hope your VT supervisor makes arrangements for a better visiting teacher for you. I think sometimes the sisters who don't VT think that maybe this particular sister is so active in church and strong in the gospel that she doesn't need to have regular visits. And that is a wrong way to think! Just because a person seems spiritually strong is no reason to not visit.

IMO
Roz

1st Jan, 2004 - 2:40pm / Post ID: #

Page 11 Teaching Home and Teaching Visiting

That is a good point Farseer, also many times the ones that 'seem' strong are in fact the ones that need the message! I can't tell you the number of times I have been in homes where the people profess some sort of great spirituality and yet they have skelontons in the closet.

Concerning AGene, remember that the person taking the report is just as responsible for ensuring that the visiting teachers are making genuine visits.

1st Jan, 2004 - 6:53pm / Post ID: #

Teaching Home and Teaching Visiting

Just as an update:

Our little "stress reliever" packages went over really well smile.gif The sisters "ooohed" and "ahhhed" over them. I managed to find some extra goodies before we delivered them, too, like sugar-free peppermints and a nice body and bath oil that smelled *really* nice.

It was fun, and I hope they get to find some peace to enjoy them...

Roz

Post Date: 2nd Jan, 2004 - 2:28am / Post ID: #

A Friend

QUOTE (JB@Trinidad @ 1-Jan 04, 6:40 AM)
Concerning AGene, remember that the person taking the report is just as responsible for ensuring that the visiting teachers are making genuine visits.

How do they do that? No one has contacted me to see if the visits are 'genuine'.

FarSeer ~ thank you for your words. Yes, this forum is like a family really.grouphug.gif Only we get to edit our words before they 'fly out of our mouths' -so to speak- which I am really thankful for.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
2nd Jan, 2004 - 2:50am / Post ID: #

Visiting Teaching & Home Teaching - Page 11

The person getting the report speaks with the visiting teachers themselves. So you being recorded as visited can only be so because of two things:

1. An assumption that you are being visited without asking the visiting teachers if they are in fact visiting

or

2. Your visiting teachers are falsely reporting you as visited

I would like to believe that it is #1, but the best thing to do is quietly ask your Relief Society President about it rather than accuse anyone.

2nd Jan, 2004 - 4:46pm / Post ID: #

Visiting Teaching & Home Teaching Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 11

Unlike home teaching, if a letter or phone call is made it counts as a "visit" but it is recorded as a phone call or letter not a V for visit. Now, sometimes I have known overeager coordinators that want to count any contact made throughout the month as a visit not just one set up to deliver the message. That may be what is happening in your case. I know on the occasions when I have not been able to visit someone but I spoke with them in Church or some other arena, it has been suggested that this could count. I do my best to tell them it shouldn't count because that contact was as a friend or just in passing, etc. I do not know, though, in the end how the coordinator chose to record it.

Reconcile Edited: tenaheff on 2nd Jan, 2004 - 4:54pm

> TOPIC: Visiting Teaching & Home Teaching

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,