Sleepovers

Sleepovers - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 9th Oct, 2010 - 1:53am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

9th Oct, 2010 - 1:53am / Post ID: #

Sleepovers

Elder Larry R. Lawrence of the Seventy gave a personal warning about sleepovers in the last General Conference. What are your thoughts?

international QUOTE
May I express my personal warning about a practice that is common in many cultures. I am referring to sleepovers, or spending the night at the home of a friend. As a bishop I discovered that too many youth violated the Word of Wisdom or the law of chastity for the first time as part of a sleepover. Too often their first exposure to p-rn-graphy and even their first encounter with the police occurred when they were spending the night away from home.

Peer pressure becomes more powerful when our children are away from our influence and when their defenses are weakened late at night. If you have ever felt uneasy about an overnight activity, don't be afraid to respond to that warning voice inside. Always be prayerful when it comes to protecting your precious children.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: Mon Sep 30 12:19:31 GMT 2024 / Post ID: #

Sleepovers

Add Comment
My thoughts on sleepovers needs to be emphasized swiftly maybe that and know to get the facts.

> TOPIC: Sleepovers

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,