Meat of the Gospel - Page 3 of 6

QUOTE This tells me she's still not - Page 3 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 1st Dec, 2003 - 2:27pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
26th Nov, 2003 - 5:26am / Post ID: #

Meat of the Gospel - Page 3

Most of them were simply foot soldiers fighting for their country. I think in that case we have been instructed to obey our political leaders.

We are instructed in many things, it doesn't mean we should follow everything blindly. If somebody tells me to kill an innocent child who sin in their sick mind was just be born as jew, I care less whether they're my political leaders or not or whether the Church tells me to follow their orders or not. There is something call 'common sense' and my life could never be the same if I do such a thing that I KNOW is against God's will. Therefore, they did have the chance to NOT be part of it if they wanted to.

Sponsored Links:
26th Nov, 2003 - 6:26am / Post ID: #

Gospel the Meat

Nighthawk said:

I will go back to my assertion that it is OUR responsibility to make these decisions. We are NOT to wait for the Brethren or the Prophet to tell us when to take a political stand or to take action. We are to be independant in such matters.

tenaheff said:
So how does one reconcile the conflict? These Articles of Faith came from Joseph himself.

In my opinion, it would be a matter as serious as the Nazi's. Life or death, or being forced to comply with something we know is morally wrong. And if so will we accept or refuse -- and before or after the Brethren say which way to turn? What if we can't wait for a decision from the Brethren, but must make a decision instantly on our own -- Life or Death. I think this is one reason we are given the gift of the Holy Ghost -- to discern for ourselves at any time what is the right thing to do. (Another reason it's so important to listen to the promptings we receive so that we can recognize when we are being directed.)

John Taylor said something to the effect that we should be independent thinkers, that we should educate ourselves in all facets of world events, science, literature, etc., in addition to the gospel, so that we can know of ourselves what is right and what is not, and act accordingly.

IMO
Roz
Offtopic but,
We go a little off topic??

Reconcile Edited: FarSeer on 26th Nov, 2003 - 6:28am

27th Nov, 2003 - 2:38am / Post ID: #

Meat of the Gospel Studies Doctrine Mormon

Life or death, or being forced to comply with something we know is morally wrong. And if so will we accept or refuse -- and before or after the Brethren say which way to turn? What if we can't wait for a decision from the Brethren, but must make a decision instantly on our own -- Life or Death. I think this is one reason we are given the gift of the Holy Ghost -- to discern for ourselves at any time what is the right thing to do. (Another reason it's so important to listen to the promptings we receive so that we can recognize when we are being directed.)

Farseer, great points. I suppose that being a Latina I have a more hot blood than the rest of the people LOL therefore, I tend to react by my emotions than by my brains *rolling eyes* smile.gif that's why I think that if I know something is morally wrong and somebody (whoever) tells me I have to do, I will not because I know that is not right, I will listen to their counsels yes, but in the end is between me and the Lord. But of course, I'm talking about serious issues like the ones we discuss in this thread.

27th Nov, 2003 - 2:18pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Gospel the Meat

LDS_Forever said:

I will listen to their counsels yes, but in the end is between me and the Lord.
Exactly. We can't always have, and *shouldn't* always have our course directed by the Church or the Brethren. The Lord knows what's best for us as individuals, and we have His Spirit to guide us.

IMO
Roz

27th Nov, 2003 - 5:20pm / Post ID: #

Gospel the Meat

The Lord knows what's best for us as individuals, and we have His Spirit to guide us.

Exactly and that's why prayer is such an important thing, we hear revelation from our leaders but like Joseph F Smith said, we should also seek confirmation through prayer and through the Spirit. Even the elected, will fall in the last days.

Post Date: 1st Dec, 2003 - 7:45am / Post ID: #

Meat of the Gospel
A Friend

Meat of the Gospel

On my mission we called those who were seeking the meat of the gospel, or the mysteries of the kingdom, Truthseekers. I was a truthseeker before joining The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and the Church is the only place that I have found, at least to a certain degree, the truth that I have been seeking.

There is much truth that still has not been revealed, and the whole reason some have milk, is because they are not ready for meat. Jesus had to speak in parables to convey the truth to the unprepared, simply because they would not be able to comprehend if he didn't. God wants to prepare us for a fullness of truth and hopes that we will sanctify ourselves to prepare for this. That was the case in Moses time when he broke the first tablets when he seen the people worshipping the golden calf.

We obviously need to have milk before we eat meat, but when our teeth have grown and we are able to begin to handle some of the meat. Then we should eat it.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
1st Dec, 2003 - 1:54pm / Post ID: #

Meat the Gospel - Page 3

Jeffro said:

There is much truth that still has not been revealed, and the whole reason some have milk, is because they are not ready for meat. Jesus had to speak in parables to convey the truth to the unprepared, simply because they would not be able to comprehend if he didn't. God wants to prepare us for a fullness of truth and hopes that we will sanctify ourselves to prepare for this. That was the case in Moses time when he broke the first tablets when he seen the people worshipping the golden calf.
These are excellent points, Jeffro. A friend of mine tells me often how "boring" it is going to church because they never discuss anything "important" and it's all repetition of the "same old thing." She's done with milk, and needs to find meatier issues to satisfy her craving for more. The problem is, she wants it *given* to her -- she's not interested in research or personal study. This tells me she's still not really ready for the meat, if she wants someone else to cut it into bite-size pieces for her.

In my opinion, of course.
Roz

1st Dec, 2003 - 2:27pm / Post ID: #

Meat the Gospel Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 3

This tells me she's still not really ready for the meat, if she wants someone else to cut it into bite-size pieces for her.

Excellent point FarSeer. Too often people want to take the easy way out or just have everything spoon fed to them. Just tell me what to think or what to believe, etc., rather than seeking the truth themselves. T believe, that is why we are encouraged to do daily scripture study and to seek out good books. So that we can make up our own minds and know for ourselves. Otherwise, we could just be told to only attend our meetings on Sunday and seek nothing further.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Meat of the Gospel

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,