Meat of the Gospel - Page 5 of 6

I think it is very necessary. There are tons - Page 5 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 1st May, 2014 - 9:34pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Post Date: 7th Dec, 2010 - 10:04pm / Post ID: #

Meat of the Gospel
A Friend

Meat of the Gospel - Page 5

I agree that we should constantly be seeking more light. A knowledge of the mysteries has been promised several places in the scriptures such as the word of wisdom and as a blessing of obedience in several other places. Why would we want to reject the Lord's offer of a blessing? A mystery, anyway, is only something that we don't yet understand. Should we never have learned math since we didn't know math when we were born? Such an idea is ridiculous but the admonition to leave the mysteries alone, as so many misuse it today, is just such an admonition. I don't believe Joseph F Smith ever meant for us not to seek and gain further light and knowledge.

Sponsored Links:
15th Jan, 2011 - 2:20pm / Post ID: #

Gospel the Meat

I agree with that Deborah so how do we balance what our leaders say about searching too much and the fact that we are encouraged in the scriptures to seek the mysteries? It's not a problem with me you know what am I saying? But I do see a problem with others.

Post Date: 17th Jan, 2011 - 3:19am / Post ID: #

Meat of the Gospel
A Friend

Meat of the Gospel Studies Doctrine Mormon

The Holy Ghost guides us as we study. It's a personal thing between us and the Godhead, in my opinion. As we seek, ponder and pray we will receive personal revelation. Independent study is important. I have never felt that we are only to listen to the lesson in Gospel Doctrine and study no further. The other thing, I have never received instruction from a leader in the Church to "leave the mysteries alone". Only from other members who do not care to grow further.

22nd Jan, 2011 - 3:12pm / Post ID: #

Page 5 Gospel the Meat

Debbie I got that from the leaders as a "strong" suggestion however I made clear to them that the scriptures teach us about seeking the mysteries of G-d and why are they asking me to do something completely different.

Post Date: 22nd Jan, 2011 - 7:41pm / Post ID: #

Meat of the Gospel
A Friend

Gospel the Meat

1. Well, what did the leader say when you pointed that out?
2. What was their calling?
3. What were the circumstances? Casual conversation or official interview?

Personally, I've heard many members say leave the mysteries alone but I've always been commended for seeking further light and knowledge from my leaders.

deborah

22nd Jan, 2011 - 11:55pm / Post ID: #

Meat of the Gospel

1. He said I was going into a "dangerous path" of no return.

2. Bishop and Stake President

3. Official interviews. The circumstances were regards to my divorce and mostly about this: Source 8 I know we cannot discuss that topic there because it's in the LDS mature board, but I just wanted to point it out.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
1st May, 2014 - 3:34pm / Post ID: #

Meat the Gospel - Page 5

Milk before meat - What do you understand by this concept? Do you think is essential to drink the milk before chewing the meat of the Gospel?

1st May, 2014 - 9:34pm / Post ID: #

Meat the Gospel Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 5

I think it is very necessary. There are tons of questions I have that are so deep I can hardly even think them out with out confusing myself. On that note though, I believe if you are sincere in wanting to learn about things, the so called meat, you will be led to learn about them one step at a time. The spirit will teach you as fast as you are willing and obedient.

I like this analogy because of children. If you gave an infant meat they would choke, and so for awhile they live on milk and that alone sustains their lives. As they grow they need more and more so they can keep up with their growing bodies. I think it is the same with our spiritual growth. When newly introduced to the gospel we can "sustain" on the milk of the gospel but soon we will be led to the "meat" that will help us keep up with our growing spirit. Just my thoughts.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Meat of the Gospel

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,