Why I Am A Mormon - Page 9 of 21

Thanks Tena and Roz, I appreciate your comments. - Page 9 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 16th May, 2004 - 4:10am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 21 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  ...Latest (21) »

?
Poll: What has the LDS Deep Doctrine Board on this forum done for you?
  Enlightened my knowledge of the Gospel       34.09%
  Gave me another perspective       18.18%
  Increased my Faith in Jesus Christ       6.82%
  Made me want to be a better person       6.82%
  Invigorated me to study the scriptures more       27.27%
  Caused me to Doubt what I believe       0.00%
  I have not gained nor lost anything by it       6.82%
Total Votes: 44
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
LDS Online Testimony Testimony Meeting for LDS Posters. Share your feelings about the Gospel and how you became a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints..
14th May, 2004 - 1:32am / Post ID: #

Why I Am A Mormon - Page 9

Recently I was thinking about all the things we discuss here (LDS Deep Doctrine Board) and I wonder if it increases Faith or not in each member that reads. If not, then I will sincerely have to increase the positive aspects of this board. I have added a poll to this thread so members can both share their testimony and leave feedback in the form of a vote.

Sponsored Links:
14th May, 2004 - 1:56am / Post ID: #

Mormon I Why

It has increased my Faith in Jesus Christ 100%!. After all the research we are doing about different topics, it makes my testimony even stronger and it makes me focus more in the Lord, rather than any other thing or person. The deep doctrine board have helped me to be more open minded also.

14th May, 2004 - 3:01am / Post ID: #

Why I Am A Mormon Studies Doctrine Mormon

These discussions have helped me learn more about the gospel, and even challenged me to read the Book of Mormon for the first time from cover to cover (and to continue to read the BoM on a continuous cycle). I've also stretched myself to read other books and the Journal of Discourses etc etc -- basically to stretch my learning of the gospel to include more than just the Sunday-school manuals.

For me, a so-called "average" member of the Church, this Forum has been a huge benefit in my growth in learning the gospel.

In my opinion, and gratefully!
Roz

15th May, 2004 - 12:50am / Post ID: #

Page 9 Mormon I Why

That's great Roz. I really enjoy learning the Gospel in this forum. This past year I have learnt so much from all of you in the Deep Doctrine board that everytime I see a member I feel to go and talk with him/her about the things I'm learning but then again I think twice, the person may go less active if I just mention the word Plural Marriage laugh.gif

Post Date: 15th May, 2004 - 6:25am / Post ID: #

Why I Am  A Mormon
A Friend

Mormon I Why

I became agnostic about the time I began to be able to reason on my own. I attended a Lutheran church, but did not know how to believe in God. It just wasn't logical to me. When I was about 10 years old I was supposed to take my first communion, but in tears told my youth pastor I didn't think I was ready. I didn't believe. I took communion anyway, was confirmed when I was 14, and accepted that I would find something to believe in later on in life. I often despaired over this, knowing that there had to be more I needed to do to devote my life to a supposed God than just go to church every Sunday and partake of Grace. My religion taught that good works were not necessary for salvation. I often wondered if I would need to become a pastor if I wanted to truly devote my life to Christ.

I was introduced to the church by a young man I was dating who was LDS. We had been friends throughout high school and then towards the end of high school began dating. He was very hesitant to date me, a non-member, but I'm so grateful he took a chance. He invited me to church with him a few times, most of which I refused because I was "too busy," but then I accepted one Sunday. I didn't really like the services, though. They were strangely subdued and quite unlike my Lutheran services I had grown up with. I was not used to not being told what to say during the services, repeating after the pastor, etc. However, the visit had sparked my interest in the church and I began asking lots of questions about the church and its doctrine. Never in a million years when I began this process did I think that I would become a member. I don't think my boyfriend imagined I would become one either. But through all of our discussion, I felt the spirit and believed in the church. I wanted to join a few months after my first visit, but my parents wouldn't allow it. They were very offended by the fact that I wanted to become involved in this "cult" and believed I had been brainwashed by my boyfriend and his friends. They fed me a lot of anti-Mormon literature, but they couldn't change what the Spirit had testified to me. I was baptized on August 16, 2003 and cried during almost all of my service because I felt the Spirit so strongly. I felt such a great weight lifted off of my shoulders when I was washed in the cleansing waters of baptism. What a wonderful feeling.

I have been a very active member since then. Surprisingly my friends in college who were also LDS told me that they had thought I was a bishop's daughter before they learned I was a convert. I was flattered. I recently was found worthy to receive my first temple recommend and hope to go do baptisms soon. I love the church and would really enjoy serving a mission, but I have a couple of years before I can worry about that. : ) I am still dating my friend who introduced me to the church, well we're courting now, and he's my absolute best friend. He takes care of me unbelievably well and really helps me become a better person. I hope to end up going to the temple with him someday.

I have had my share of struggles already and have found the need for some serious repentance since I've joined the church. Repentance is extremely painful when it is done for serious sins, but it is well worth it. I know that this is the true church because of the happiness it has brought me. I know that Christ lives, independently as well as through his disciples, and I hope that one day my family's hearts will be softened enough to open up to the gospel. It is hard not having the spiritual support at home, but I know the Lord stretches me so that I can grow. I love my parents, dispite our disagreements, and do my best to be a good example. I love the church and am so grateful for it. I hope to raise a family of my own in truth and righteousness someday. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Reconcile Edited: moo on 15th May, 2004 - 6:27am

15th May, 2004 - 6:34am / Post ID: #

Why I Am A Mormon

Thank you so much, moo, for sharing your testimony with us. It takes a lot of courage to go against your family's wishes. I do hope that one day they will understand and accept.

Best wishes for your continued progression in the gospel. The church is a wonderful place to be, to learn, and to grow!

Roz

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
15th May, 2004 - 3:54pm / Post ID: #

Why I Mormon - Page 9

Moo, what a wonderful conversion story. It never ceases to amaze me how the Lord prepares us for our eventual introduction to the Church years in advance oftentimes. Your experiences in the Lutheran Church as a young girl prepared you for current Church membership. Also, your spirit was just searching for the truth even then. It is no wonder to me that you recognized the truth when you were shown it. I am happy for you.

Post Date: 16th May, 2004 - 4:10am / Post ID: #

Why I Am  A Mormon
A Friend

Why I Mormon Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 9

Thanks Tena and Roz, I appreciate your comments. I'm very grateful for the church and I know I was prepared to join it for many years before I was actually introduced to it. Happy Sunday everyone! smile.gif

> TOPIC: Why I Am A Mormon

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,