Why I Am A Mormon - Page 10 of 21

Well, my parents are members of the Church, - Page 10 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 2nd Dec, 2004 - 9:39pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 21 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  ...Latest (21) »

?
Poll: What has the LDS Deep Doctrine Board on this forum done for you?
  Enlightened my knowledge of the Gospel       34.09%
  Gave me another perspective       18.18%
  Increased my Faith in Jesus Christ       6.82%
  Made me want to be a better person       6.82%
  Invigorated me to study the scriptures more       27.27%
  Caused me to Doubt what I believe       0.00%
  I have not gained nor lost anything by it       6.82%
Total Votes: 44
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
LDS Online Testimony Testimony Meeting for LDS Posters. Share your feelings about the Gospel and how you became a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints..
16th May, 2004 - 9:32pm / Post ID: #

Why I Am A Mormon - Page 10

Moo, I enjoyed so much reading your testimony, I always find that new members have such a great Spirit within them. Yesterday I attend two baptisms and I felt so strongly the Spirit. It is so great to know you was introduced to the Church by a good man who cared enough about himself and was interested so much in you that he decided to share the Gospel with you. What a wonderful thing!. I wish you both all the best. smile.gif

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th Jun, 2004 - 1:27am / Post ID: #

Why I Am  A Mormon
A Friend

Mormon I Why

Today is Fast and Testimony. I was really moved by the testimonies given in my branch today. We still had the standard biography of one of the elder Sisters. Yet we had a lot of visiters that bore their testimonies and I was deeply touched.

Three years ago last April I received my Endowments. I have been to the Temple so often I no longer keep track. Each and every time I feel good positive feelings. Never have I felt any negative feelings or even confusion.

Yesterday was our Branch Assigned Inititory at the Temple. I started out with such a wonderful feeling, then I realized that as I did this work I was also reinforcing my own covenants. Then on the 7th name that I did, my heart lurched and the tears flowed. I KNEW that she was there and that she was accepting the work. I cried so hard that I could not hear the words of the ceremony ~ but it didn't matter that I hear them, she was there and she was accepting the work. I had to stop for several minutes to regain my self. Every worker there with me felt her presence too. Such absolute joy! Only once before have I ever felt that supreme joy ~ when I, myself, received my own inititory and endowments.

In my heart and in my mind I thanked this wonderful Sister for allowing me to do her work for her. And I give thanks to Heavenly Father for this magnificent work that He has placed for us to do. I thank God for His Gospel, for not only the restoration of his True Gospel here on Earth, but that it has been restored in my life. I give thanks to Heavenly Father for blessing us with living Prophets, Seers and Revelators.

I love our Heavenly Father, I love his Son, Jesus Christ, and I am so very thankful and grateful for His sacrifice and atonement for me. I say this in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

7th Jun, 2004 - 10:26am / Post ID: #

Why I Am A Mormon Studies Doctrine Mormon

What a wonderful experience AGene. Thanks for sharing it with us. The Temple is a wonderful place. When we have experiences like you have in the Temple, it leaves no doubt as to the truthfulness of the gospel. We can have spiritual experiences outside the Temple and all it really means is Heavenly Father exists and loves us. When we have them in the Temple, it can only mean that the Church is true because we are the only Church that has these Temples and believes in the work being performed in them.

9th Jun, 2004 - 11:28am / Post ID: #

Page 10 Mormon I Why

Member yeahmon accidently "reported" a post, rather than replied. Since I got it, here is the post.

HI
I've been member for a 14 yrs. But I have been going for 16. I started
going when my mom started and I enjoyed it from the very first time.
With time, my dad who's still not a member allowed me to be baptised. I
love the church and how it has shaped my life. I have since served a
mission and happy that I did.

Post Date: 29th Aug, 2004 - 3:42pm / Post ID: #

Why I Am  A Mormon
A Friend

Mormon I Why

Hi My name is Guy. I am a member of the church in England, i am based at Kendal Branch in Cumbria in the North of England. When i was 19 (the year 1996) i was very depressed and i moved from cumbria to Manchester. In the village of Irlam'oth'Heights in Salford, Manchester, i lived and worked for a time with my brother Pete. One day when i was walking back towards my house. two elders on bikes stopped me. One said 'end your suffering' to me i was like what? uh!? but then the same elder handed me the first discussion leaflet and said 'do you feel that?' As soon as i felt the leaflet and looked at the picture of Christ on the leaflet I felt a lovely peaceful feeling of comfort from my head to my toes - what i would later know as the Holy Spirit. This elder then told me all about the Book Of Mormon and that it was comparable to the Bible, another Testament of Jesus Christ. He told me to go away and read 3nephi 11 Alma 32 etc. and Moroni 10: 3-5. I said goodbye to the elders. As i lay down to bed this night i felt the peaceful feeling again and sort of knew there must be something to this. Anyway the elders called back but i had gone on with my usual drinking and smoking, and because the house was not mine i felt uneasy about them calling round, plus the guys i was staying with had expressed disapproval, so i was weak and didn't stick up for the elders or obey my God. sad.gif so i just remember this nasty memory of shutting the door on the elders, when one of them said "but its true!" feel so bad about that.

Anyway later on on the year when i moved to higher Broughton also in Salford Manchester, i decided to take up the Moroni challenge. i prayed on two seperate occasions and recieved a witness of the Holy Ghost at both times! i was spellbound inspired and wonderfully happy on these occasions, however i presumed i would not be worthy to go back and see the elders again because of my sins, and also i had things i didn't think i could get over. However as soon as i recieved these witness it totally changed my life - even though i was sinning and not obeying the commandments, from time to time, when i would abstain from things for a period i would feel the influence of the Holy Ghost trying to guide me. At these times i became an advocate for the church and even told a few of my close friends about it, who kind of humoured me. Satan tried everything to keep me away from the Church, literally everything!! but to cut a long story short in December 2003 i decided i was in misery; i could no longer fight against the truth. I decided then i would try to see whether the church would let me come and be baptised, this was after university when living with my folks back in Cumbria. I was a self-referral and elder Brewer (Utah) and elder Shvetz (Ukraine) came to see me. We arranged to meet in Kendal (i live in windermere 9 miles from Kendal) but i found out when they met me that they had travelled from Windermere too and found out that they were posted in Windermere at the nearest possible house to us (bar the hoteliers that are our neighbours) i was amazed!

I was baptised on 25th Jan 2003 and i felt amazing for the next month or so (especially) and recieved an even more powerful witness of the truthfulness of this work. I know the Saviour and i know the Book of Mormon is true, which makes Joseph Smith a Prophet of God. I am amazed at the mercy Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ had for me to bring me into the church. Sorry for making this one an essay. I tried and tried to track down the elders that stopped me for the first time, but with no luck - maybe someone can help me in cyberspace, i know they would love to hear about me. i really have enjoyed your posts everyone, thankyou, love Ghumph. biggrin.gif

31st Aug, 2004 - 2:00am / Post ID: #

Why I Am A Mormon

Thank you so much for sharing your testimony, Guy! it's so uplifting to me to hear the transformations that people go through. Congratulations on your conversion, and please stand fast in the gospel -- I've fallen away for long periods, and it's just a nightmare. I hope and pray you will be able to hold fast to the "iron rod"!

Roz

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 1st Sep, 2004 - 6:29pm / Post ID: #

Why I Am  A Mormon
A Friend

Why I Mormon - Page 10

Far Seer,
I guess for the six years I knew the truth but didn't do anything about it I was kind of like a dry- less-active. I know how satan can trap you into thinking in the wordly ways again because when you don't go to church it is possible to not have the Spirit with you to guide you to truth. Before I joined the Church I did a University course in cultural studies, and I was able to read the theories of culture from scholars around the world, it was fascinating to find out that some theorists are so close to the truth of the Gospel, indeed at times they were O so near!, the key to happiness right under your nose! but its only until you acknowledge a Supreme Creator, then you are blessed, you can then begin the life-changing journey of self-discovery. But now i am not too into being intellectual i prefer the simple and the beautiful things of life. I listened to conference and the talk that was about that wonderful woman who never felt accepted by God, she was utterly exhausted laid down on the path but still clinging to the Iron Rod - it was at this point the saviour lifted her up and strengthened her. I admit it is very hard sometimes, but worth it all the way! I am now preparing for my mission, my papers should have reached Salt Lake by now i hope i am accepted to go, because i am now 27! so its pushing it! I am very inspired by the missionaries of this church. I love the teachings of Brigham Young. I am working with some less actives (a family) who have powerful testimonies its just 'this and that' keeping them away, would you have any advice for them or (me)? (Please don't answer if this thread is not supposed to be for ongoing conversations) Many thanks for your post! - with love, Ghumph.

2nd Dec, 2004 - 9:39pm / Post ID: #

Why I Mormon Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 10

Well, my parents are members of the Church, so I don't have a flashy conversion story, but I know that the Church is true.

I testify that we are brothers and sisters. This means every one. I received that knowledge in part when I met a man who called himself Daniel as I was tracting in the Australia Sydney South Mission. Daniel was a nice guy. He could have been my best friend. We had a good chat, although he was not interested in the Church at the time. Then it came up in the conversation that he had been a soldier in the Iraqi army during the first Persian Gulf War. It dawned on me that ten years before, I probably would have been pleased to see him shot - he was the enemy, after all. He did not seem to harbor bitterness toward me, even though I am an American. The Lord used that momentary meeting to begin softening my heart in ways I had never expected.

I know that Joseph Smith was called of God. I love the Book of Mormon, which is the strongest physical evidence of the Restoration. I also love the Bible, and know that it is true. Like all the house of Israel, sometimes we are each "Chosen...in the furnace of affliction." I pray that we will each be empowered to endure well, no matter what trials come. The gospel of Christ is a valid reason to be happy now. We do not have to wait until things seem perfect. We can have joy here and now in the process of inviting the Savior to heal our weakness. I testify of these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

> TOPIC: Why I Am A Mormon

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,