Our Heavenly Mother - Page 4 of 6

Many leaders (Past and present) have spoken - Page 4 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 6th May, 2014 - 3:10am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Post Date: 7th Jun, 2004 - 5:24am / Post ID: #

Our Heavenly Mother
A Friend

Our Heavenly Mother - Page 4

Here is a link to Mosiah Hancock's vision if anyone wants to read it.

https://www.2s2.com/chapmanresearch/user/do...ts/hancock.html

Among other things, he claims we were paired up in the pre existence and had mates. About 1/3 of the males and females would not take sides and remained nuetral. And those who followed Satan were all male.

He says those who followed Satan were cast out, and the females that were paired up with those who were cast out were given to other males who already had spouses. The 1/3 who did not take sides were allowed to come to Earth but as servants. I assume he is referring to the black race. This is contrary to what other church leaders have stated that there were no nuetral spirits.

Sponsored Links:
8th Jun, 2004 - 12:40am / Post ID: #

Mother Heavenly Our

I am not sure what this has to do with the subject matter of Heavenly Mother, but could something so specific to be known to the Church come from someone other than the Prophet or are we to understand that this was for his personal understanding. Either way what is the authenticity of the text?

Post Date: 8th Jun, 2004 - 5:18am / Post ID: #

Our Heavenly Mother
A Friend

Our Heavenly Mother Studies Doctrine Mormon

I was posting the reference Nighthawk referred to regarding Mosiah Hancock's vision of the spirit world, which if is true, would explain why God could have many wives and thus, there are many Mothers in Heaven. As far as the authenticity, I have doubts if his interpretation is accurate. You would think this information would have come through the proper line of authority.

Post Date: 15th Jun, 2004 - 11:23am / Post ID: #

Our Heavenly Mother
A Friend

Page 4 Mother Heavenly Our

35 And also all they who receive this priesthood receive me, saith the Lord;

36 For he that receiveth my servants receiveth me;

37 And he that receiveth me receiveth my Father;

38 And he that receiveth my Father receiveth my Father's kingdom; therefore all that my Father hath shall be given unto him.  (D&C 84, emphasis mine)

In answer to gaucho's question: So where do all these innumerable women come from?

Nighthawk, that's an interesting theory of Mosiah Hancock, that no women went with Lucifer. However, my experience with the sexes has shown me that women are more disposed towards security and men are more disposed towards freedom. The Father's plan was based upon freedom with inherent risks involved. Lucifer's plan was based upon security with freedom of choice abridged. If the disposition that the sexes have here on Earth was brought over from heaven, I'd say Mosiah Hancock got it backwards. It's more logical to think that only women went with Lucifer because that was the safe route.

Wynn, Jesus never said that there is no marrying in heaven. Here are the words of Jesus:

29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.

30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.  (Matt. 22, emphasis mine)

34 And Jesus answering said unto them, The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage:

35 But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage:
36 Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.  (Luke 20, emphasis mine)

Compare the above scriptures (all of them) to D&C 131 and 132 and you should get all the answers to your questions.

Post Date: 9th Jul, 2011 - 12:02am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Mother Heavenly Our

Scholar says 'God had a wife'; LDS writer Tresa Edmunds says, 'Yeah. We know.'

Edmunds, a stay-at-home mother and a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, outlined the origins of Mormonism's early ideas about a Heavenly Mother and its status in the faith today. "Much of the discussion about Heavenly Mother consists of references to the logic of the relationship," wrote Edmunds, who occasionally contributes to the Guardian's Comment is Free section of its website. "If God is the father of our spirits, as Mormons believe, then there would need to be a mother." Ref. Source 6

9th Jul, 2011 - 2:49am / Post ID: #

Our Heavenly Mother

You'll see a lot of doctrines like this come to the forefront as the political turntables start turning. Beliefs like our Heavenly Mother isn't mentioned much but by the time the debate for GOP gets going you can bet most of America will know about it among other things.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 13th Jul, 2011 - 12:29pm / Post ID: #

Our Heavenly Mother - Page 4

Name: Wheat

Comments: I firmly believe that we have a heavenly mother and there are some thoughts that I would like to throw into the mix if I may. The quotes that have been used stating the existence of a heavenly mother have come from the first presidency and thus in my opinion from God,

international QUOTE
"....whether by mine own voice or the voice of my servants it is the same..."
so needless to say there is a mother. I believe that God is the perfect example of how to treat others, especially his wife, so he would in no way want her name profaned. In the Book of Mormon a significant truth is taught, when a people would build a city it was stated that they would name it after the person who founded it. When God created Adam and Eve he placed them where? In the garden of Eden. When mankind thinks of Eden, when they speak of Eden it is in utmost and absolute respect and admiration, it is a desired goal to be there. I think (and this is strictly my opinion) that God named the garden after our Mother, and he named it so that our ultimate desire was to be there and seek it out. What better tribute than to make sure that all mankind relates her name with the highest praise. Just a thought.

6th May, 2014 - 3:10am / Post ID: #

Our Heavenly Mother Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 4

Many leaders (Past and present) have spoken about the fact we have a Heavenly mother. We don't know anything about her but I was thinking if we assume that Heavenly Father lives the higher law of Plural Marriage, does it mean that we then have more than one Heavenly Mother?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Our Heavenly Mother

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,