What If... it meant my wife or the Church? - Page 2 of 2

Name: Nick Country: Comments: The Doctrinal - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 29th Jul, 2010 - 11:58am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
26th Oct, 2003 - 9:09pm / Post ID: #

What If... it meant my wife or the Church? - Page 2

Granny, sadly the situation you described is actually very common in the Church, more common than most home teachers would like to admit. However as you said...

Granny7 said

To be a bit more positive I have also seen relationships where one spouse has been true to his/her covenants and this steadfastness has led to a complete change of heart for the partner.  What joy! It is a miracle wroght by the faith and prayers of those involved.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Apr, 2010 - 2:41pm / Post ID: #

What If... it meant my wife or the Church?
A Friend

Church the wife meant If What

If I have a wife like that, I would still go to church because who knows in the end she would become a member. There were many stories on these, miracles really happened. It is possible she would become a member if I continue being a good example to her and to our children, being the very best husband she could think of and pray that she would realize it.

If for example, the matter gets worse and still there is no possibility of her to stop opposing my membership in the church, Elder Oaks said that we should not stop doing good and still love our spouse and show a good example. Because God shall reward those faithful spouses an hundred fold.

9th Apr, 2010 - 6:39pm / Post ID: #

What If... it meant my wife or the Church? Studies Doctrine Mormon

Whether she may become a member or not shouldn't be the reason he still go to the Church you know what am I saying? The point here to me is compromising and finding out the reason why the wife doesnt want her husband to attend church. Usually there are underline problems not to mentioned that sometimes one spouse feels the church takes away too much time from the family and its quite a valid point.

Post Date: 29th Jul, 2010 - 11:58am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Church the wife meant If What

Name: Nick

Comments: The Doctrinal answer would be to not place anything above our devotion to God.

The correct answer would be to pray about it.

Each situation is unique unto itself and God knows what is right.

First come up with solutions of his own and pray over them for confirmation, Yea or Ney.

If he is truly at a complete loss to come up with a solution then Pray for an answer to something he doesn't have an answer to, then be willing to place his faith in the answer he receives.

You don't know what the Lord will answer in a given situation where he is providing the complete answer. The ramifications of something like this are big. If he doesn't have the confidence to know that God can help him, then he is going no where.

Jack up his confidence in God and His ability to help solve this. Every problem has an answer. And have him inquire for himself.

But the answer is never the hard part for God to help us with. It's having faith to even receive an answer on our part and once we do...to have faith in that answer, that most times proves to be the tricky part over time.

But one thing is for sure...No action is inaction. And inaction produces nothing of value and only loss.

But even if the Lord's answer is to accommodate the wife, that's an affirmative action that will reap the blessings of the Lord's wisdom in knowing us better than we know ourselves. Or the Lord may tell him to stand his ground.

But rarely will the Lord fully disclose the results of our decisions other than to let us know they were the right ones.

But to kick back & speculate without consulting the Lord, only spells defeat and is placing your fate in the hands of dumb luck...An not a chance I would want to take in this situation.

It's simply a matter of having Faith in Christ and His ability to do anything righteous. It really isn't that difficult of a situation when you come to believe God knows the answers we need. Trust in that. First make him understand that there IS a right solution that is waiting to be found. Then have him search that out with God.

It's a good way to get to know him better if we are lacking in our daily closeness with Him and is a perfect excuse to go banging on God's door.

What? You think He won't open it? Balogna!

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: What If... it meant my wife or the Church?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,