Mormons can RUN, but Mormons can't HIDE! - Page 4 of 4

QUOTE (JB @ 1-Dec 02, 11:20 AM)Can - Page 4 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 21st Aug, 2008 - 9:27pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Post Date: 15th Aug, 2008 - 11:22pm / Post ID: #

Mormons can RUN, but Mormons can't HIDE!
A Friend

Mormons can RUN, but Mormons can't HIDE! - Page 4

You missed the point entirely. The shame is in the priority. Attending an activity just for the sake of filling their bellies. - LDS_forever

Please forgive my in ability to grasp the problem, I still am not getting it. Maybe the activity was not just a dinner and the people wouldn't have come without the food? (I feel like I must be lacking info.)

We always encouraged the members to bring a friend or neighbor. We tried to have a good mix of adult only and family activities. It was a good time! Our ward has grown a lot closer due to the fellowshipping that occurred at these activities.- Alaskan

People attend and support things they benefit from. I hear all the time that Women don't like attending Homemaking because the event doesn't sound like a good time. I don't blame them for not going. I skip out on activities when I have better things to do too.

Great Post Ann! You could put that straight into a manual and increase the hope of many activity coordinators throughout the church!

But I have seen in the past that service oriented activities were poorly attended or no attended at all! - LDS_Forever

This may be a good test as to where the ward is... It may also be that many people do various service projects on their own and feel that the ward service projects will be attended to by enough to do the good they were intended. I know I do far more service outside the war service projects and I do not feel bad when I miss a ward service project. I do feel sad that the leaders of such projects have such a hard time getting attendance. I often hear them complaining about attendance and blaming others for not attending rather than considering that they simply are poor at their calling of getting people involved with service. By focusing on what they can do, they will receive the revelation necessary to do better. By focusing on the lack in others, which is outside their control, they meet a dead end, and will not become more capable of rallying the troops. It is funny how our focus can make such a difference.

As a missionary I had 2 elders Companions begin fighting in a district meeting I was conducting. One was giving the spiritual thought and the other was sitting in the front row. (Obviously they had other issues as a companionship.) Without details, the one giving the "Spiritual message" kicked the foot of the one sitting, and the one sitting who warned the one standing not to do it anymore jumped up and tackled the other. They were both rolling on the floor grabbing and pulling in suits. laugh.gif I didn't know what else to do, so I ended the meeting right there without so much as a closing prayer. I expected them to have the respect for the meeting and me as their leader as if God were there. In the process of trying to reconcile this I found it easy to blame them for their lack, but I couldn't change that. I thought, should I separate them? These are grown men, at least physically... I eventually realized that I was not making the meetings something they were focused on. To dry and routine and boring. I changed my approach and it was like magic. I realized that I had been trying to maintain power and influence by virtue of my priesthood position. I expected reverence and honor in my meetings because I was called to a position in the priesthood and these were priesthood meetings. I learned from experience that,
    "No power or influence can or ought to be maintained by virtue of the priesthood, only by persuasion, by long-suffering, by gentleness and meekness, and by love unfeigned;
      By kindness, and pure knowledge, which shall greatly enlarge the soul without hypocrisy, and without guile-" - D&C 121:41-42
This may be entirely diffrent from what we are talking about, but their are my 2 cents.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Aug, 2008 - 9:27pm / Post ID: #

Mormons can RUN, but Mormons can't HIDE!
A Friend

HIDE cant Mormons RUN Mormons

QUOTE (JB @ 1-Dec 02, 11:20 AM)
Can a man...
Can a man be baptised at eight live his teen life clean, go an return from an honorable mission, be married for time and all eternity, do all his genealogy and serve active in a call, BUT not visit anyone on his home teaching list... can that man enter the Kingdom of God?

Absolutely not. I don't see how he could. But, there is always repentance.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Mormons can RUN, but Mormons can't HIDE!

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,