Why Less Active? - Page 2 of 3

"Sometimes we just lose our focus and - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 12th Jun, 2007 - 10:29pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 

?
Poll: Have you ever been less active?
  Never       60.00%
  Just for a very short period       20.00%
  For a long time       20.00%
  Currently less active       0.00%
Total Votes: 5
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Time away from the Church
Why Less Active? Related Information to Why Less Active?
27th Nov, 2002 - 4:29pm / Post ID: #

Why Less Active? - Page 2

until people learn to take responsibility for their own actions they are going to be able to find fault with the rest of the world and never find true happiness.

I wish everything were so cut and dry, that would save a lot of time doing home and visiting teaching, interviews, counseling, fellowshipping, etc. From experience there a lot of people that do not know 'how' to be responsible simply because they do not really have a testimony. have been the victim of abuse or were simply never show how to be responsible but instead just told to do so. Lastly, a testimony, which has various degrees, grows based on the hope and light of Christ for which people need to be in an 'atmosphere' to feel. If you go to a place and people speak badly of you and watch you funny it does not matter how responsible you are for your own actions you will feel bad. The Lord will hold many of us accountable for those we may have turned away whether it be by omission or commission. More so in the ones that claim to 'know'.

Sponsored Links:
27th Nov, 2002 - 5:06pm / Post ID: #

Active Why

JB amen to those words!. Of course that the decision of coming back to Church is up to the person but we cannot forget that not all of us have the same testimony and background. Some people are more sensitive than others and is our RESPONSIBILITY as members of the Church to treat each other with love, consideration and respect and really caring about our brothers and sisters in the Church....
Catter_pillar, I really hope you can go back to Church soon. JesusChrist is your best friend, do not forget. smile.gif

Post Date: 4th Jan, 2003 - 10:59am / Post ID: #

Why Less Active?
A Friend

Why Less Active? Studies Doctrine Mormon

The church is designed so that everybody works together to be strengthened. Stakes and wards and districts that don't do their work will suffer member activity.

Ultimately I believe its one's personal responsibility to stay active.

It requires work. Lots of it. It is very difficult.

4th Jan, 2003 - 12:49pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Active Why

Catracho, that's true. But you know, not everybody has that strenght to be active despite of everything. That's why is so important to support our brothers and sisters in the Church and do our Home and Visiting Teaching.

ps: You can get rid of the frog on your profile by updating it. wink.gif There are some cool avatars to use it.

Post Date: 9th Jan, 2003 - 10:46pm / Post ID: #

Why Less Active?
A Friend

Active Why

I and my family actively attend and participate in classes.  I can see why some might become inactive though; testimonies seem to lack the spirit - perhaps because every regular member seems to have learned all the right things to say during the testimony - this applies all the way up to the 1st Presidency where the Testimonies become much longer and more elaborate. They become the model others emulate. The only interesting Testimonies seem to arise out of humble prayer stories. In Sunday School it seems there's no time for interesting discussions about doctrine or controversial items which oftentimes make people pay more attention to the scriptures. As it is, no one seems to read the lessons assigned. Pretty boring overall for some I imagine.  That's my opinion.  

9th Jan, 2003 - 11:49pm / Post ID: #

Why Less Active?

First off, welcome to the forum and I am glad you accepted our invitation.

.  I can see why some might become inactive though; testimonies seem to lack the spirit - perhaps because every regular member seems to have learned all the right things to say during the testimony - this applies all the way up to the 1st Presidency where the Testimonies become much longer and more elaborate.

Yes, very true, I call this 'living on borrowed light'
In Sunday School it seems there's no time for interesting discussions about doctrine or controversial items which oftentimes make people pay more attention to the scriptures. As it is, no one seems to read the lessons assigned. Pretty boring overall for some I imagine.

So true, and that is what causes forums like this one to become a place of interest. What I do not like are the so called 'LDS forums' out there that seem to encourage the spreading of anti-Mormon anger rather than insight into the doctrine of the Church. We have had that tried here before and put an early brake on it. We hope with your help, NephiProject, that we can make this a place of discussing issues without the anti.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
25th Sep, 2003 - 12:41pm / Post ID: #

Why Active - Page 2

I agree with Brian_T about being "less active."  I was inactive (and I use that term because it describes my level of activity more acurately than the new preferred description of "less active") for 12.5 years.

I had many excuses, but the truth is I just didn't want to live my life in accordance with the Gospel.  I couldn't just walk away fully acknowledging that the "Church is true, but I just don't care."  My conscience would not allow it.  So, I had to come up with an excuse that allowed me to feel good about the decision.  To make a long story short, I found what I was looking for and left.  If one really tries to find a reason to leave they will.  Just like if a boss is looking for an excuse to fire you, they will find it.  We generally find what it is we seek.  Doesn't make it right.  Just gives us the level of comfort we need to do whatever it is we choose to do.  Now, I choose to follow the Savior and do what my Heavenly Father wants of me.  It is a much better choice, I believe.  I have recently gone through some difficult times.  Without the gospel and more specifically, without Heavenly Father right there comforting me and providing for me, I can't imagine how I would have survived at all. I certainly couldn't have been this happy this soon after and I couldn't have the peace I enjoy today.  For that I am grateful.

Post Date: 12th Jun, 2007 - 10:29pm / Post ID: #

Why Active Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 2

"Sometimes we just lose our focus and drift away. Sometimes we have our feelings hurt or some other problem occurs. It all ends up the same, and we fail to claim the blessings that can be ours. Pride, distrust, deceit, discouragement, and many kinds of sin can be removed by a change in our hearts and by following the path that the Savior has shown us. . . . The Savior has paid our ransom. He loves each of us and reaches out to all who will come and follow Him."
(Elder Ned B. Roueche, "Feed My Sheep," Ensign, November 2004, 30)

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Why Less Active?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,