Church Members and Secret Societies - Page 4 of 4

LDS: QUOTE But if we agree that there is nothing - Page 4 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 28th Jun, 2008 - 5:52pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
24th Jun, 2008 - 12:21am / Post ID: #

Church Members and Secret Societies - Page 4

Robert:

It makes sense to me not to join when you have the correct ordinances. As far as community involvement is concerned, there are many that do a wonderful job without having to get involved in a secret handshake etc.

But if we agree that there is nothing wrong with the Masons, why is it that people still thinking it is not a good idea to join them if you are a member of the Church and probably endowed. If it is like a club like most people say, then what is the problem?

Personally, unless someone can show proof of pres. Hinckley having been a free mason, I personally think it is rubbish.

I don't think he was but if he did, does not make any difference to me.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Jun, 2008 - 5:52pm / Post ID: #

Church Members and Secret Societies
A Friend

Societies Secret Members Church

LDS:

But if we agree that there is nothing wrong with the Masons, why is it that people still thinking it is not a good idea to join them if you are a member of the Church and probably endowed. If it is like a club like most people say, then what is the problem?

As I understand it, and it is possible that I am wrong, many of the signs and tokens that we receive in the process of the endowment are similarly used in Masonic meetings. I have no direct proof of this, only hearsay. I know that I would be uncomfortable using the signs and tokens that I have been commanded not to reveal for anything other than their intended purpose, and in a setting that was not appropriate.

Knowing that the Masons have aspects that are similar to what we practice in the temple is reason enough for me to feel more comfortable joining a club like the Kiwanis or Rotary. These clubs also do a lot of good charity, and community work.

Reconcile Edited: bobnbrittw on 28th Jun, 2008 - 5:53pm

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Church Members and Secret Societies

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,