Saved in Ignorance?

Saved Ignorance - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 8th Aug, 2003 - 12:51am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
3rd Jul, 2003 - 8:52pm / Post ID: #

Saved in Ignorance?

D&C 131:6

Can a man be saved in ignorance? How many times do you see members taking the Gospel so lightly? What can be done to make the Gospel interesting to others who have no interest?

For one thing I have found that diving into deeper themes and scriptures really makes people excited.

Sponsored Links:
3rd Jul, 2003 - 11:19pm / Post ID: #

Ignorance Saved

What can be done to make the Gospel interesting to others who have no interest?

For one thing I have found that diving into deeper themes and scriptures really makes people excited.

Sit down and read the scriptures with them and analyze them and explain it with simple terms. Going to subjects that they don't hear normally on sundays (deep doctrine) makes them very excited and they tend to want to study the scriptures more! wink.gif

Post Date: 5th Aug, 2003 - 12:28pm / Post ID: #

Saved in Ignorance?
A Friend

Saved in Ignorance? Studies Doctrine Mormon

Sit down and read the scriptures with them and analyze them and explain it with simple terms. Going to subjects that they don't hear normally on sundays (deep doctrine) makes them very excited and they tend to want to study the scriptures more! wink.gif

I always thought that was why we had personal study, to learn about deeper things of the word...

5th Aug, 2003 - 3:13pm / Post ID: #

Ignorance Saved

I always thought that was why we had personal study, to learn about deeper things of the word...

That's true but here in Trinidad the members need a lot of encouragment in almost everything so if you don't go to their homes and put some excitment in the scriptures, maybe they don't read it at all sad.gif of course, I want to believe is not the general membership but listening to the members participating in Sunday classes, I know they hardly read the scriptures and know about the doctrine....but when you presented it in a nice way, reading with them they tend to want to learn more and more...wink.gif

Post Date: 5th Aug, 2003 - 3:29pm / Post ID: #

Saved in Ignorance?
A Friend

Ignorance Saved

That's true but here in Trinidad the members need a lot of encouragment in almost everything so if you don't go to their homes and put some excitment in the scriptures, maybe they don't read it at all sad.gif of course, I want to believe is not the general membership but listening to the members participating in Sunday classes, I know they hardly read the scriptures and know about the doctrine....but when you presented it in a nice way, reading with them they tend to want to learn more and more...wink.gif

So will we have to hand coddle Jack and Jill Mormon untill the Resurection? Or is there a time when they must take on the responsibilty for their own salvation?

6th Aug, 2003 - 3:41pm / Post ID: #

Saved in Ignorance?

So will we have to hand coddle Jack and Jill Mormon untill the Resurection? Or is there a time when they must take on the responsibilty for their own salvation?

Well, sometime ago I adopted a new philosophy. Members must do things that will help them to develop that excitment, yes, self-reliance. Each one of us is responsable for their own salvation. Even though it makes me sad, angry and frustrated (all at the same time) when I see someone taking so lightly the things that are sacred I have to learn to let it go and see about my family and myself first, members are adults also who need to learn to take responsibility and the leaders need to treat them as such. At least we need that here in Trinidad.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 6th Aug, 2003 - 3:48pm / Post ID: #

Saved in Ignorance?
A Friend

Saved Ignorance

Well, sometime ago I adopted a new philosophy. Members must do things that will help them to develop that excitment, yes, self-reliance. Each one of us is responsable for their own salvation. Even though it makes me sad, angry and frustrated (all at the same time) when I see someone taking so lightly the things that are sacred I have to learn to let it go and see about my family and myself first, members are adults also who need to learn to take responsibility and the leaders need to treat them as such. At least we need that here in Trinidad.

Sounds like Trinidad is a good place to be a member...

Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling

I think that pretty much sums up what I think of Adults wont do it for themselves...

8th Aug, 2003 - 12:51am / Post ID: #

Saved Ignorance Mormon Doctrine Studies

Have you ever wondered if it would be fair for the person who already died in ignorance to now receive the Gospel in the Spirit World verses someone who had to accept here based on faith? Or is faith necessary in the spirit world when they are confronted with knowledge and truth necessary for understanding? I guess the point I am putting across is this... how will all men really come to know that Jesus is the Christ even if they do not follow him? Would ignorance in this life be a plus because there would be a better hope in the next for some?

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Saved in Ignorance?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,