Mormons Having Tattoos - Page 4 of 6

I can see the point of restricting certain - Page 4 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 22nd May, 2013 - 8:59pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

Controversial Mormon Issue
20th Aug, 2010 - 7:27pm / Post ID: #

Mormons Having Tattoos - Page 4

Did you ever wonder how the Church handles prospective missionaries who have tattoos? Here is the answer with a real story:

international QUOTE
Bobby had to do what the Missionary Department asks all missionary applicants who have tattoos to do. On his original application he told them a little about his tattoo. The letter he received later requested a few more details, including an explanation of when and why he got it and where it is located on the body as well as a description or photograph of it. He was also asked to describe how he felt about it.

When a missionary candidate with a tattoo applies, General Authorities review each case and decide whether that candidate will be allowed to serve a mission. Some cannot.

Bobby did receive his mission call. He is grateful to be a missionary and sorry that, now a representative of the Lord's Church, he once decided to get a tattoo.

For some missionaries, having a tattoo means being assigned to serve in a place where their tattoo is either culturally accepted or to a colder climate where long sleeves, and tights for women, will cover their tattoos. A tattoo can limit not only where you can serve, but, depending on its content and your feelings about it, it could also determine whether you can serve at all.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th Oct, 2010 - 8:49pm / Post ID: #

Tattoos Mormons

Name: Jonathan

Comments: I have been a life-long member, served a mission and married with kids. I don't see any difference between someone getting a tattoo and getting plastic surgery or breast implants. All these things are only done for personal reasons. Someone here suggested that they should include tattoos/piercings on the temple recommend interview... Well why not ask if members have gotten breast augmentations or permanent makeup as well? This is a personal choice and should be left at that.

27th Feb, 2012 - 2:49pm / Post ID: #

Mormons Having Tattoos Studies Doctrine Mormon

This is one of those things that I've already told my children I don't want to ever see them have because it would be better that they don't show me so I won't be heart broken over their life long tattoos.

27th Feb, 2012 - 10:50pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 Tattoos Mormons

Hey Funmom you know that tattoos can be removed by lasers right? If they were to give you a broken heart they can always get it removed later so its not life long. By the way as members of the church I don't think we should be having tattoos either. Our body is a temple and just like we don't want graffiti on one of our temples then we shouldn't want it on our bodies either.

Post Date: 19th May, 2012 - 9:58pm / Post ID: #

Tattoos Mormons

Name: Teancum

Comments: Honestly, I see tattoos as art and once you don't go overboard its just a part of who you are. Members fuss about every little thing we should / shouldn't be doing and at the same time abuse each other and say unkind things... But on no, how dare you get a tattoo that is of the devil. rolleyes.gif

Post Date: 19th May, 2012 - 10:03pm / Post ID: #

Mormons Having Tattoos

Name: Meagan

Title: Tattoo

Comments: In my opinion, it all comes down to personal choice. Reading these threads on how people should be ashamed of getting tattoos and should not be allowed in the temple makes me sick. Who are you to judge and say this?
I'm LDS and I want a tattoo. Some people get tattoos in remembrance of those they love [like I will for my dad who passed] or lost. I'm a good person and I know people who have tattoos and they're some of the greatest people I know. I also know LDS people and they at times can be the most stuck up, rude people ever.
I know God isn't going to hate me and my whole persona isn't going to change because I get something so meaningful to me. Something I know I won't regret. I find it funny how those w/o tattoo judge those with. I've never seen a tattooed person judge and ask "Why don't they have tattoos?!"
Also, ask yourself this -What's the difference between a tattoo and permanent makeup? I find some LDS women getting makeup that won't ever come off. I don't see people getting on their case.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 22nd May, 2013 - 1:30pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Mormons Tattoos - Page 4

'Tattooed Mormon' Al Fox shares her conversion story in new video

Al Fox has become widely known for spreading her message of faith and hope online. Ref. Source 1

Post Date: 22nd May, 2013 - 8:59pm / Post ID: #

Mormons Having Tattoos
A Friend

Mormons Tattoos Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 4

I can see the point of restricting certain people from being active representatives of an organization. The military and many private organizations do the same thing. The reality is, if you get a tattoo, it may restrict you from doing certain things in life. If that is worth it to you, then go ahead.

Tattoos are more accepted now than they were a few decades ago and that will probably increase as time goes on, but that is how it is now.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Mormons Having Tattoos

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,