Big Mormon Families - Page 3 of 3

Mormon families are larger than any other - Page 3 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 12th May, 2015 - 2:25pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
7th Mar, 2008 - 1:58pm / Post ID: #

Big Mormon Families - Page 3

Pianomom:

I also know that the more children I have had, the more Christlike characteristics I have developed. I think I am more patient, loving, and understanding with 5 children than I was when we had 1 or 2

I never thought about it this way and it does makes a lot of sense. I have a child with special needs and I have developed patience I thought I never had, I still have a long way to go but is true, kids do help you to develop Christlike characteristics and the more you have, the more you develop them.

Sponsored Links:
11th Jun, 2008 - 3:09am / Post ID: #

Families Mormon Big

I found that I pretty much mellowed with age. As a young parent I had higher behavioral expectations for my children. As each child came along (and I aged) those expectations became more realistic. I gained more patience (perhaps through experience?) and learned to discern what really mattered and what I could let slide. Thus the comments from the older children at times, "I would have never got away with that!" To which I respond, "well then I guess I've learned something over the years."
As you add to your family it becomes easier for several reasons, some that have been mentioned. Two of which are:
One - you learn and mature as a parent.
two - Your children are growing and becoming more able to help. By the time you have a 3rd child the oldest is usually getting close to school age.

It is important to give our children responsibilities and teach them to love work. It is equally important for them to help with younger siblings. This is the beginning of their apprenticeship as future parents. The key is to know where the boundaries are. Parental responsibility should never be subjugated to the children. But if you are going to survive a large family everybody has to do their share.

Reconcile Edited: alskann on 11th Jun, 2008 - 3:11am

22nd Jun, 2008 - 3:30am / Post ID: #

Big Mormon Families Studies Doctrine Mormon

Alskann:

Parental responsibility should never be subjugated to the children.

I see this a lot in Church, I find it unfair for the kids who are asked to watch over their brothers or sisters while the parents are sitting down, attending regular classes and don't have a calling that stops them from taking care of their little ones.

6th Apr, 2014 - 2:05pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Families Mormon Big

Mormons in general are known to have large families, but depending where you live you may find acceptance or rejection in your decision to have a large family. My question is: How is it possible for Church members (Who are supposed to know about the Plan of Salvation) to criticize, ridicule or look "funny" to a family that decides to continue extending it? I fully understand the world's view but within the Church?

7th Apr, 2014 - 4:09am / Post ID: #

Families Mormon Big

If a family can afford to have a large family that's great, unfortunately with how things are going in the economy not many people can do this. God will not hold those who can't have large families in judgement.

Post Date: 12th May, 2015 - 2:25pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Big Mormon Families

Mormon families are larger than any other faith in America, new study finds

Latter-day Saints have more children than Catholics or any other faith, according to a massive new study. Ref. Source 3

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Big Mormon Families

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,